Surveillance

{ No one:

Truly, absolutely no one:

Eiji: soft boi UWU }

By the afternoon, the rain had let up and the sun had taken over. It beamed through the sky, making quick work of evaporating any leftover puddles. That made it a great time to practice.

Eiji breathed in the fresh air while walking outside, his track duffel being left in the locker room. He was walking up to the school's football field, track, and pole vault practice area. Part of his contract for staying in America involved a sort of... sports scholarship.

The official track and field season didn't start until spring, and foreign exchange programs didn't usually last all year. In Eiji's case, he agreed to train for, and compete with the school's team. He would pole vault, and he'd train all year, weather permitting.

He had to admit, he looked pretty silly carrying a long pole around with him, and he was careful not to hit anyone with it while making it away from the general school building. It wasn't ideal, but the school didn't trust him with the keys to the storage shed. He couldn't keep it there.

Upward, the training area sat atop a hill. It looked down upon the side of the school building.

" Mom, Dad... sister, I wish you could see this." Eiji spoke to himself quietly, looking around and hearing the birds chirping. It was hot there, and he was glad he wore a tank top to practice in.

Vaulting alone? Not a very good idea. Was he nervous about it, though? Not really. Eiji had been vaulting for years, and he doubted he would have any issues.

After getting situated and uncovering the pit, Eiji readied himself. He'd made sure the cushion was in working order, and he'd started out with an easy height of 8 feet to clear. Anyone versed with their pole could clear it in their sleep.

The wind ran through his hair as he started from about 20 meters back, sprinting forward and driving the bottom of it into the pit, hurling himself upward and using his core strength to push up.

Poof.

The cushion caught him, and Eiji sat up to see he'd cleared it. His personal best was 14.5 feet, and he was aiming for 16 if he was going to compete in America.

Eiji smiled to himself.

'Crunch time.'

...

" What are you gonna do? Scream for your guys?" Was purred down Ash's neck. He was pinned to the brick wall of the school, pressed there.

" I don't have time for this." Ash tried to tell them. With them all still being on school property, there was no chance in hell that he was pulling his knife. If he cut someone, there would've been blood leftover and the chance for potential witnesses was very high. If he was going to ever get to college, Ash's low profile had to stay intact, or at least he had to try to keep it that way.

" Yeah, well you're not gonna have any time when we take you." A jock yanked his hair, and Ash grit his teeth. He didn't even know these guys' names, but they were going out of their way to ruin him. All of it was for Dino, and Ash realized in that moment that they weren't just messing with him anymore. They'd finally received the order to take him, and there was no way he could let that happen again.

A sex slave, that was what he'd be. Ash would've rather died than let that crusty old man lay a hand on him again, and his mind was racing as he desperately thought of how to get out of it. Except... it was risky. It involved his knife, and taking it out was basically shouting to the school that he was armed and dangerous.