Eiji's Girlfriend

{ I have not read the Banana Fish manga. I made up the characters for Eiji's family completely on my own. Manga readers please don't come for me lmao.}

When Eiji heard the condo door open, he whipped his head around. He'd been a nervous wreck since the second Ash had left, and seeing his face made relief wash over him. He got up from the couch and raced over to him, barreling into Ash and hugging him.

" I told you I would come back..." Ash whispered, rubbing Eiji's back. He caught Ibe's eye contact, and the other Japanese male acted as though he wasn't paying attention. Yeah, he'd have to get used to that.

Eiji fought the urge to cry as he pulled back to look into Ash's eyes. Was this real? Could they really go to Japan?

" We have a flight to catch..." He reached and grabbed Ash's hand.

" You're right... let's get the fuck out of here." Ash said. He had it all figured out. Max would get to have the condo and live in a safer place with the family, and Max and Shorter would break the story to the news. Blanca got to ride off into the night, and Eiji got to go home. The school had agreed to let him end his exchange, being as Ash had forged a doctor's note about Eiji's anxiety following the kidnappings. He could go back to finish high school in Japan.

And finally... Ash would handle his GED when he was in Japan, as that was the agreement. And that would probably be a pain in the ass if he was being honest, but still, he was always a man to keep his word. He didn't want to go back on it, so he would figure everything out when they were there.

Once they were all in Ash's car, the blonde sped off toward the airport. They couldn't afford to get caught up in anything else. They just had to floor it and flee the country. And Eiji held Ash's hand from the passenger seat.

Ibe looked traumatized while holding onto the handle in the back, sliding all over the place whenever Ash took a turn. Luckily for him the luggage back there eased it, so he wasn't slamming into either car door all the time. But if it wasn't there, well... he would've had a bloody nose for sure.

" Eiji, you should call your parents. Tell them we're about to get to the airport." Ash said, rubbing Eiji's palm in circles.

Eiji nodded and dug around for his phone. Thankfully Ash had gotten him one that worked, so he wouldn't have to keep bouncing around and using other people's all the time. He was quick to log into Skype and dial them, and once the video call connected, he smiled.

" Eiji, what is it?" His mother, Ren, asked in an immediately concerned tone. She was always nervous to get bad news about him. What was next? Was he kidnapped again? Was he in jail? Had he decided to not come home at all?

" Mom, hi." Eiji grinned. " We're almost to the airport."

" Oh, that's all? We're still picking you up like we talked about, right?" She asked, easing somewhat.

" Eiji's coming home now?!" Kabuki, his little sister, rushed into the background. " Is he bringing his girlfriend?"

Ibe and Ash both gulped when they heard that.

" Uhh... I'll be home by tonight, and I'm bringing home a very special person, okay?" Eiji murmured, scratching the back of his neck.

" Be safe. We'll see you soon..." Eiji's mom smiled. " Can't wait to meet her..."

" Yeah..."

Eiji hung up and awkwardly chuckled, staring out the window. His heart was thumping out of his chest and his stomach turned.

" You didn't tell them?!" Ibe exclaimed from the backseat. " Don't you think you're dropping a bomb on them? What's your plan here?" Not that he thought anyone would be homophobic, but it would come as a shock.