His Letter

{Sorry for the angst in advance :P. I was told you all like extra sadness in your tea so I delivered 

-Love Soki}

Ash felt crippled as he clutched Eiji's envelope to his chest. And Shorter knelt down beside him, rubbing his back.

" Ash... you have to get up." He told him.

Ash felt his lip quivering and he had to remind himself to breathe. Eiji was gone?! He tried to listen to what Shorter was saying, but it almost felt like his ears were under water.

Kong and Bones watched and were consumed by guilt. Was this all their fault?

Ash pulled himself up from the floor after another minute, and Shorter had to help him.

" Leave me alone for a minute..." Ash said, retreating to his bedroom. His hands trembled as he opened the envelope and pulled out a piece of notebook paper. It was Eiji's handwriting and there was no doubt in his mind.

Ash,

I know that if you're reading this... my plan worked and you're safe. Thank goodness. I know that you're torn up... confused... and I don't blame you for any of that.

My time in America was the most wonderful time in my life, even with everything that's happened. You are the best thing that's ever happened to me, Ash. I wish I could show you Japan, and I wish you wouldn't have to carry a gun anymore. I wish I could've taken you back with me to meet my family and teach you the native language. You deserve to live a normal life.

I didn't want to see you hurt, Ash. Not again. I didn't want to have to say it like this, either. But now... I have to. Ash, I love you. I love you more than words can say, and I wish I could've told you that in person.

I surrendered to Dino... because to me, my life is worth trading for yours. I don't know what he'll do with me, but in exchange... he'll keep Arthur from killing you.

I'm sorry, Ash. I hope you find peace with this, and wherever I am, I will be praying for us.

Love always,

Eiji

Ash's eyes beaded and he wanted to just break down to his knees again. Eiji loved him? He'd told him? He didn't know how he'd let him slip through the cracks. He should've protected him better... it was all his fault.

Eiji had thought he was going to save him, but Dino was the wrong person to plea to. Now he'd be lucky if he survived the day in that mansion.

" Eiji... no..." He whimpered to himself, but that's when he realized, he couldn't just sit there. If Eiji had gone to Dino, there was still a chance he could get him back. Wallowing in self pity was not in the cards if he wanted Eiji to come home.

Ash grit his teeth and put Eiji's letter into his pocket as he went over to the closet. He lifted a box out of their walk in closet, which was filled with guns exactly for an occasion like this. He grabbed them all out, along with a few boxes of ammo, then angrily made his way to the living room. Dino had better watch out... cause no one fucked with Eiji. No one.

Ash put his armful of guns on the counter, and Shorter and the others watched him and waited for orders and explanation. Shorter was less patient than Kong and Bones, however.