For Ash Only

{CW: character death and blood 

Hey loves! Thank you for everyone messaging and asking me if I'm okay, and I apologize for going MIA and scaring people. I've been dealing with a pretty intense muscle tension illness which impacts a lot of aspects of my life (eating, sleeping, bodily functions, mental health, etc). I've been bounced around on a lot of meds, and I think I am finally starting to stabilize. I had to take a breather, but I've missed you all so much. As long as my mental and physical health allow, I'm back. For everyone who stuck around with my wonky update schedule, thank you. I hope you all enjoy the update <3}

" Alex and Shorter know what to do if something happens." Ash instructed Kong and Bones. He was very serious, not wanting them to get any ideas. " And when it comes to Eiji, don't let him out of the condo after 11 PM. I'll call you before it's time for me to go and you can come in... sit in the living room and make sure he doesn't do anything stupid."

Kong glanced downward, and even for the big guy he was, he looked like a depressed puppy. Bones didn't seem very happy either, being as they'd both come to see Eiji as a friend. They didn't want to have to force him to stay back, even with all that was going on. But still, Ash was their boss. If he said it, they had to do it.

" Yes, Boss..." They told him, leaving after that. And Ash headed back up to their condo, not just standing in the lobby of the building anymore. He really tried to keep calm about this, even if he was going to be fighting Arthur that night. And not to mention... Dino was back in the country, according to his men who kept digging for intel. He definitely had to watch his back.

Ash entered their condo once he got to the right floor, then locked it back up again. He saw Eiji sitting and watching TV, depressed still. He didn't know what else he could do for him other than apologize, but he'd tried. It didn't work.

Approaching the couch, Ash looked down and saw Eiji curled underneath a heavy blanket. He clearly didn't want to be bothered, but Ash didn't care. He sat beside Eiji, slowly scooting closer to him, inch by inch, all the while with an innocent look on his face.

Eiji huffed, moving against the arm of the couch. He really didn't even want to look at Ash's face right then, fearing that he would just break down crying again. It was still so surreal that Ash was leaving that night... potentially to die.

" Eiji..." Ash begged. " Please..."

" Ash." Eiji scowled and turned away from him. " Give me space..." It was pathetic for him to say that, being as his tone of voice wasn't consistent with his words. Eiji didn't want to be alone right then, no way. Ash knew that, scooting closer to him again.

Ash gave Eiji a small pouty face, knowing that Eiji would have to turn around and see him eventually, which he did. And Eiji stared at Ash for a few seconds before leaning on his shoulder, taking a deep breath.

Ash wrapped an arm around Eiji, pulling him closer.

" It's going to be okay..." The blonde assured him, and Eiji stared at the wall. He knew that he couldn't just sit there and wait for Ash to march to his death. He knew he had to do something, but it wasn't like he could tell Ash that.

Nothing was okay.

Maybe... all he could do for right then... was enjoy his time with Ash for what it was, and after Ash left that night, he would do something, anything.

" You know..." Eiji murmured, picking his head up and turning to Ash. " You can tell me that this is my fault. You don't have to sit around and act like you're okay just for my sake..."