On the Way

(( Cuteness warning???

Hope ya'll enjoy the specially prepared fluff. -Soki <3 ))

" Hey, Ash... are you ever going to go back to school?" Eiji murmured the next morning, drowsy and pulled against Ash's side. His bed head was messy and sticking on end, and Ash was clearly tired as well. Everyone had always complained that he was grumpy when he woke up, but that was all different when Eiji was by his side. Sure, he didn't like waking up, but seeing Eiji's face right away helped.

" I don't need school... I already have a better education than most college students in America..." Ash yawned.

" But... don't you at least want your diploma?" Eiji asked, sitting up. " All of your guys have basically dropped out at this point, too..."

" When it comes to gang life, you rarely meet a guy who finished high school..." Ash replied. " You're different... since you have a life after this and you get to go to college."

Eiji wasn't pleased with that answer, and he knew that he would bring it up again at some point. But whatever. It wasn't like they could all just show up at school without a bunch of questions, as well as truancy concerns. At least Eiji had been catching up online and managing all of his assignments.

" Anyways... we should probably get up." The Eiji chuckled, sitting up and rubbing his eyes.

" Do we have to? You could just stay in bed with me all day..." Ash smirked playfully, and as much as Eiji admired the smile... it made him blush and get flustered. It was always fun to play along, though, and see Ash's reaction.

" Yeah? What would we do?" Eiji replied, smirking back and letting his hand rest on Ash's chest. He was matching that same flirtatious energy Ash had.

Ash's face turned a tomato shade of red and he froze.

" Kidding." Eiji added, snickering. He rolled out of bed after that, leaving Ash with a fast heartbeat pounding in his chest, still thinking about how cute the other was. He almost wanted to bury himself in the blankets and never come back out.

After everything he'd been through, sex jokes should've rattled him. But weirdly enough, Ash felt like he could talk about anything with Eiji, including that, without getting scared.

Eiji began to brew some coffee, pouring water into the pot and filling the coffee filter with grounds. He felt slightly flustered while replaying the exchange that had just happened moments earlier. Things with Ash were slowly returning to normal after the whole airfield debacle, but still, he knew that things would never quite be the same. They'd essentially confessed their love for one another, so there was no coming back from that, not at all.

There were still many questions that Eiji had, however. He knew that Ash wasn't supposed to love anyone in that way, and it almost felt like they were breaking the rules. But he liked it that way, and was beginning to question how much Ash had changed him. He felt like a completely different person with that weight off his chest. But how much would things change from there? Would Ash be looking for physical love, too? Eiji had no clue.

The fridge door closed from behind him and Eiji jumped, nearly yelping from how startled he was.

" What?" Ash asked. " Jumpy?"

Eiji gulped and chuckled nervously, taking a second to compose himself before turning around.

" Maybe a little..." He said, pulling out two coffee mugs from the cupboard, and Ash set out some eggs from the fridge for breakfast, leaning on back the metal surface and watching Eiji. It was pitiful... how shy they both were sometimes. Maybe they should've been laying out some boundaries instead of just staring at each other all the time and waiting for the other to make a move, say something, do something. Ash knew he should've been the one to talk about things, but he questioned if he'd be able to do it without sounding like an absolute idiot.