Three ꨄ

Fae A.

"Manny I don't understand what's taking so long, the photographers are waiting" my mother deadpans, tapping away at her phone.

"I-" Manny starts to speak but I hide my hand up making him stop. We make eye contact and I shake my head, silently telling him it's not worth it.

My mother peeks up from her phone to look at me with disapproval, "Fae, honey I have told you a million times to sit up straight. And please be sure to roll your shoulders back when taking these pictures."

Don't be alarmed, my mother isn't as snooty and pretentious as she sounds. She just gets like this when my father joins us for shoots or when I'm on set. My mother and father, Jodi and Kenneth Avara, are my very very demanding and annoying parent-gers; parent managers.

It wasn't my idea to make them my managers, once my father got me my first audition for a commercial for some toy company when I was five they kind of just took on the roll. Truth be told, I never wanted to be famous. Don't get me wrong, at first it was super fun it was like a fun little hobby I got to do and I loved the attention from my parents. But when I turned 10 that changed. They made it very clear that acting is a job that I had to take seriously because and I quote "you don't want mommy, daddy and sissy to be sleeping on the streets right?"

Of course no child wants to be told that we could be put out on the streets so I did as I was told. They gave me so much of their 'undivided attention' that they shipped my older sister off to an all girls boarding school when they realized she wasn't going to be famous.

My mother means well, it's my father that's the real problem. My mother makes sure to ask me how I'm doing mentally even though I know she wouldn't want the truth. Claudia, my sister, told me that she calls her occasionally and sends money but that's about it. My father acts like Claudia isn't even his child, whenever she comes to visit me on sets he all but blows a gasket. They are in for a rude awakening this week though, Claudia decided to move back into town and since I never really got to spend time with her we are getting a place together just a few blocks from the place I share with my parents.

"Alright Fae you're done" Manny sighs, "good luck girl" he mumbles.

My mother grabs my hand like I'm a toddler and walks me into the main room. "Fae this is your photographer for the day, Mr. Guzini, this is my daughter Fae."

"Ms. Avara it is a pleasure" he shakes my hand, "we are on a tight schedule so let's get down to business."

My father walks into the room and I immediately see my mother's demeanor change. She sits up straighter, clears her throat and tucks a chunk of her hair behind her ear. "Hi sweetheart" my father smiles tightly, pecking my mother's lips.

Gross.

He glanced at me then at my makeup artist, Gwen, "Gwendolyn, my daughter looks like casper the friendly ghost, fix it." He snaps before fixing the collar of his suit jacket.

"Do you have to be so rude to her?" I scoff looking up at the ceiling while Gwen fixes my makeup quickly.

"It's okay, Fae don't worry about it" she mumbles.

My father just rolls his eyes and starts a conversation with mom about something. I hate when he comes around.

                                      Claudia A.

"Please please be careful with that, my sister bought me that vanity" I beg the movers.

In two days I'm heading to LA to live with my younger sister, Fae. She is actually the one who paid for the movers, I have my own money but she just loves throwing hers around.

I have been both excited and nervous as hell to move in with Fae, not that I have a problem living with her. I love Fae, she's like my best friend and we haven't lived together since I was about 12. Once my parents realized I had no intentions on sharing the spotlight with Fae they shipped me off. I'm actually an interior decorator and I do youtube on the side.

My following probably comes from the fact that i'm related to Fae but I really don't mind. Being famous isn't something I desired, even as a kid I always preferred to be in the background. Of course it hurt when my parents sent me away but the only one that matters to me where family is concerned is Fae.

"Excuse me, Miss? Would you like us to take the stuff in this room as well?" One of the moving men asks.

My heart skips a beat when I notice the label on the box; Oliver's Things.

Shaking my feelings away, my eyes go back to the man, "no that's alright. I'm taking this the day I leave."

"Okay then we're just about finished" he says.

"Great, thank you so much" I smile.

It feels so nice to be leaving this place. These walls have seen way too much, a fresh start will be good for me.. I hope.