Seventeen ꨄ

Fae A.

"Alana?" I ask as I step aside to let her in, "did Billie text you?"

"Yeah, I'm so sorry to just drop by. She texted me so I'm assuming she must be upset."

"Yeah I don't know what happened but I feel bad" I sigh.

"It's okay I'm sure it wasn't your fault. Sometimes she just gets really overwhelmed" we make our way to the living room and Billie rushes to Alana.

Alana whispers something to Billie and she walks away to get her things.

"Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, I'm gonna take her home. I promise you did nothing wrong" Alana says giving me a reassuring smile.

"Is there something I should know about the two of you?"

"We're just really close that's all. I'm so sorry I can't explain this to you. But I'm sure when Billie is ready to talk she'll explain it better than I can."

My brows furrow in confusion but I don't say anything. Billie comes back by us and she looks up at me with sad eyes.

"I will make sure she calls you later" Alana says.
Billie waves at me and they leave.

I really hope Billie tells me what went wrong. I didn't mean to overwhelm her or upset her. Since I am alone now I guess I should clean up the legos. I put the rest loose legos back into their assigned bag and put everything back into the box. The small part that we did complete, I move it onto the coffee table along with the box. Hopefully she comes back and we can finish. I was really enjoying spending quality time with her.

Nothing left for me to do now but wait for the best and go to my room. I had freed up my day to spend it with her.

****

"So you asked her out and she cried?" Claudia asks.

Claudia got in just a few minutes ago and wondered why Billie wasn't here anymore as she assumed we'd be together still.

"I feel horrible" My lips form a pout. "Alana told me that it wasn't my fault."

"And she wasn't able to tell you anything?"

"She just said Billie gets overwhelmed really easily. But I wish Billie would've just stayed and talked to me instead. I know they are close but I want her to know she can talk to me too."

"Don't stress, Billie will explain everything in her own time" Claudia says. "I'm free for the rest of the evening if you wanna hang out."

Alana K.

"Wanna tell me what happened now that you've calmed down?" I ask, softening my voice.

Billie slipped completely when I got her in the car. She cried and whined for a while but I gave her a stuffy and some food to distract her. I don't think she's in her headspace anymore but she hasn't said a word.

"Please? I can't help you unless you talk to me baby."

"Fae asked me if I wanted to date her" she mumbles looking down into her lap.

"What?!" I shriek. "Billie that-"

"Fae is famous and what if people find out who I am? O-Or what if they find out about my regressing? I can't even tell Fae about it so I can't go out with her" Billie whines.

"Why don't you want to tell Fae? I know that it's possible she may not respond well but Fae adores you, sweetheart."

"What if she doesn't want anything to do with me when she finds out?" Billie frowns.

"Then we'll deal with that if that time comes. I really think you should tell her. I think you would really enjoy Fae being able to take care of you when you guys spend time together."

"W-Will you be there with me if I tell her?"

"Is that what you want?"

"Mhm" she nods.

"Then I'll be there angel. How about we have Fae come over in a few days and we'll make food and cookies and we can tell her, okay?" I say to the smaller girl.

"Okay" I kiss the top of her head.

I had assumed that if Billie ever wanted to tell Fae, she'd wanna do that alone. But I'll do everything I can to make sure this conversation goes as smoothly as possible.