Six ꨄ

Claudia A.

Yesterday, Fae and I made a deal to go see Billie again at the diner in a few days but I have my own agenda today. I'm getting ready to go over to the diner and hopefully have a talk with Billie's protective friend. Hopefully she'll help me set them up on a little date, Fae hasn't shut up about Billie and it's only been a day.

A knock on my door catches my attention as I am putting my sneakers on. "Come in" I yell.

"Hey I'm just letting you know I'm heading to a meeting" Fae says peeking into my room.

"Another photoshoot?" I tease.

"I hope not, I could definitely use a little vacation" she sighs. Her phone rings making her groan, "mom is calling I've gotta go before she kills me."

"Have fun" I laugh, she leaves and I go over to my closest to grab a jacket. Fall is approaching which I am so happy about, I've missed wearing sweaters and jackets.

On my way out I grab my phone, keys and wallet before walking to my car. I didn't realize how much fun playing matchmaker is, I feel all giddy inside.

I pull up to the diner, rushing inside when the winds starts blowing. The cute little bell dings putting all eyes on me as I approach the counter. It feels so nice and toasty in here, I take off my jacket placing it on the back of my chair as I sit down. Down at the last counter seat I see Billie which means her friend must be here.

Right on time, her friend comes from out of the kitchen. Pulling her pen and notepad out of her apron, "Hi Welcome to Starg-" we make eye contact and she smiles, "oh hey, back so soon?"

"The food was so good yesterday I just had to come back for more" I wink at her making her chuckle.

"So what can I get for you?"

I tell her my order and she jots it all on, "I'm Alana by the way." She asks places a cup infront of me and pours in some piping hot coffee.

"Claudia" I smile, "so how long have you been working here?"

"Most of my life, this used to be my grandfather's place before he passed."

"Oh I'm sorry" I frown slightly.

"Oh it's alright it was a long time ago. But anyway did you just move around here, I haven't seen you before?" Alana says changing the subject.

"Yeah I just moved in officially yesterday with my sister, Fae."

"Your sister is an actress right? I couldn't help but feel like i've seen her before."

"Yeah, she is pretty famous. I actually have to be honest about something" I sigh.

"Everything okay?" Her brows furrow.

"Yeah, but I lied to you about why I came back so soon. I actually came here to talk to you about my sister and that cutie over there" I point to Billie.

                                        Fae A.

"Sorry I'm late" I say rushing into my parents'- well my father's office.

"Glad to see you could take time out of your busy schedule to join us, Fae" my father snarls.

"Haha" I roll my eyes as I take a seat.

"Hi sweetie" my mom says kissing my cheek.

Sitting with my parents is my travel manager and some other people on my team.

"So what is this about? I kind of wanted to spend the rest of the day with Claudia."

"Your sister is in town? Why didn't she call us?" My mother scoffs.

A chuckle escapes my mouth making me internally curse at myself, "she isn't just in town. We live together and I would like to spend some time with her" I quip.

"You what?!" My father starts to raise his voice.

From the corner of my eye I seem mom give him a look and he shuts up, thank god.

"You have an offer to be in an upcoming mini tv series called Child At Heart" my father says.

"Do I really have to do this? I haven't had a vacation in a really long time" I groan.

"Sweetheart you are not just a regular girl, you have a big career that demands your undivided attention" mom explains making me roll my eyes damn near to the back of my head.

"If I had a dime for every time I have heard that lousy bullshit of an excuse I'd be even richer than I already am" I bite back.

"Watch your mouth!" My father slams his hands on the table, "now you are going to do this mini series whether you like it or not."

"If it makes you feel any better, Fae, you don't start filming until two weeks from now" my travel manager butts in.

"Great, now if that's all goodbye." I storm out of the room making sure to slam the door behind me.

I can't take this shit anymore. Sometimes I wish they could just be my parents instead of my managers. Then again it's my fault for not firing them, my father is impossible but I see how happy it makes my mother being this involved in my life.

When I get to my car I just sit there with my head against the steering wheel. I try so hard to stop the tears from falling but it's no use.