Fourteen ꨄ

Fae A.

I pull up to one of my favorite restaurants in California, it's this great italian place. Nothing fancy just super good food. They make food that literally brings tears to my eyes. Tears. I go to unbuckle my seatbelt but stop short when I notice the look on Billie's face.

"Everything okay angel?" I ask, concerned by the horrified look on her face.

"Huh? Oh -um yeah sorry. Let's go" Billie hurries to take off her seatbelt and hops out of the car, slamming the door behind her.

Okay..

Following suit, I get out and lock the car as I make my way around to Billie. I grab her hand, locking them together.

"Is this alright? Sorry I should've asked before I grabbed your hand."

"Y-Yeah" she smiles sheepishly, her cheeks turning a light shade of red.

Together we walk into the restaurant, I speak to the man at the front letting him know I made last minute reservations and he escorts us to a table towards the middle of the restaurant. I just start to feel Billie's hands become clammy when she lets go to sit in her seat. I was going to pull her chair out for her but she seemed to be in a rush to sit down. Nerves maybe.

"So have you ever been to this place before?" I ask opening up the menu.

"N-no never. I don't get out a lot" she says, her eyes scanning over the options of food.

"Are you sure everything is okay? You kinda look like you wanna vomit."

"Yeah, I'm okay. Maybe I just need some water" she does a horrible job at lying but I decide not to push the topic.

I get a waiters attention and of course ask for a water for Billie and I get an iced tea. Billie's eyes wander around the place and her finger taps against the table.

"Excuse me I'm gonna go to the bathroom. If the waiter comes back before I do, I'll have whatever you are having" she goes to leave then pivots back to me, "which way is the bathroom?"

"It's right over there" I say pointing to the far right side of the restaurant, "but Billie i-" before I can finish she rushes off. I slump in the chair letting a loud sigh fall from my mouth.

Maybe she regrets coming out with me..

Billie O.

Rushing to the bathroom, I push the door open and lock myself into the first free stall. Leaning up against the door I wrap my arms around myself trying to calm myself down.

I was hoping she would have taken us to a more secluded place, I don't do well being out in public when I'm not with Finn or Alana. I should have thought of this before coming and now I feel horrible for wasting her time. She'll probably never ask me out again.

My breathing picks up and a thin layer of sweat coats my forehead making stray hairs stick to my face. I can't seem to catch my breath. Closing my eyes tightly I count backwards from 30.

I inhale deeply, "T-Thirty.. Twenty nine.. Twenty eight-" my voice cracks and tears fill my eyes.

I hear the bathroom door open so quickly I slap my hand over my mouth.

"Billie?" A light voice calls out.

She can't see me freaking out. What if I slip?

"Billie, talk to me. I-I can't help you if you hide from me" she says.

My heart is still racing and my breathing is still unstable. I open my mouth to speak but no words leave my mouth, just a sob. I unlock the door and rush out of the stall, wrapping my arms around Fae.

"Oh no, you're shaking angel" Fae wraps her arms securely around me. Rubbing her hands up and down my back.

After some time I calm down but I refuse to let her go, not wanting her to see my tear stained face.

"Wanna tell me what happened baby?" She hums.

I shake my head not wanting to speak, not sure I would be able to tell her without slipping.

"Wanna go back to our table or would you prefer that we leave?"

I feel so awful that I want to leave and just go home which would ruin this even more. I'll be shocked if she wants anything to do with me at all after tonight. So I take a few deeps breaths before speaking.

"I-I wanna spend time with you so m-maybe can we go somewhere a little less.. public?" I mumble.

"If that will make you more comfortable then we'll leave" she pulls back to look me in the eyes, "don't be afraid to tell me if something makes you uncomfortable okay?"

I nod, deciding to just stay quiet. Fae held her hand out for me to take and I accept. As we make our way out, Fae leaves some cash on the table. I spot our waiter giving him an apologetic smile.