Twelve ꨄ

Billie O.

"Bil, you coming to work with me or do you want me to take you to Finneas?" Alana asks peeking her head out of the bathroom.

"Mmm with you" I say not looking away from the tv.

I'm not little right now but I still absolutely love cartoons. My favorite one at the moment is definitely Jem, it's old but I don't mind 'cause it's really good.

"Well if you're coming with me you gotta put your shoes on and fix your hair. I'm leaving in like 10 minutes" she calls out.

Her words go in one ear and out the other, as I am too invested in the tv. Suddenly the tv cuts off and I frown.

"Billie, baby let's go. I can't be late" Alana says tossing the remote back on the bed.

"Okay okay" I throw my hands up surrendering.

I lace up my shoes and roughly brush my hair up.

"Be gentle Bil, you'll rip your hair out" Alana says taking the brush from me.

She fixes my hair up into a messy bun and hands me a sweater. I put it on a zip it up before we head out.

At the diner I sit in my usual spot playing on my phone while Alana works. A text message blocks the view of my video and I slap my hand over my mouth before I scream.

I got a text from Fae.

Fae 🥰

hey

              hiiii

Once I respond I close my phone and set it on the counter face down. Making eye contact with Alana she gives me a confused look.

"Fae just texted me" my cheeks heat up.

"Awww are you blushing?" Alana giggles lightly, teasing me.

"Shut up and get back to work" I laugh.

She shrugs, heading back into the kitchen to do whatever it is that she does.

Fae🥰

how's your day
going cutie?

it's going ok nothing   
                                                             too exciting hbu ?

started off aggravating and
as cheesy as it sounds when I
got home the only thing I
wanted to do was talk to you

A goofy grin creeps up onto my face.

                                                why me? are you okay?

relax cutie, im okay
but I'll feel better if you
facetime me so I can see
that adorable face of yours

I'm at the diner right   
                                   but if you don't mind the noise..

It's okay I can wait
as long as you promise
to call me when you get home

I pinky promise :)

thank u bby ;)

That nickname makes me feel fuzzy and happy but I need to suppress my little side or I won't be able to keep talking to Fae.

so do you go to the diner often?

Billie are u there?

                                                          yes I'm here srry..
                                                       I only go to the diner
                                        when I'm staying with Alana

no need to be sorry angel
you mentioned the night we
all hung out that you stay
with your brother right?

           yeah he's been taking care
                                                       of me most of my life

Fae and I text back and forth for a while and before I know it Alana's shift is over at 7. I tell Fae that I'm heading home so I will call her when I get settled.

"Ready to go Bil?" Alana asks handing me my jacket.

"Mhm" I hum, slipping it on.

She helps me off of the stool and grabs my hand saying bye to her coworkers before we head out.

"You feeling okay Bil? You're quieter than usual" Lani says.

"Y-yes I'm okay" I tuck my bottom lip between my teeth trying to fight the smile that wanted to present itself on my face.

"Why are you so flustered?" Alana gasps loudly making me flinch, "you've been talking to Fae this whole time, haven't you?!"

I just shrug, this is new for me. I never really had a crush on anyone before. I mean I have found people cute but never crushes because I've been too afraid that one day they will find out my secret and be mean about it or weirded out by it.

"Aww my baby has a crush" Alana gushes, "don't be nervous sweetheart. There is nothing wrong with that" she coos rubbing my back.

"B-But what if she end up liking me back?" I whine.

"Look I know it's scary for you for someone to find out about your little side but I don't think Fae will judge you for it. She seems like a really nice girl" she explains.

The car stops in front of my house, we got here quick. Not really wanting to talk about this further I unbuckle my seatbelt and open the car door.

"It'll be okay, I love you and I'll see you tomorrow when I get off work okay?"

"Okay, love you too" I say before getting out of the car shutting the door behind me.