31

In the aftermath of the battle, the little gold piece on Nebula's body was really the only thing we could save. We took it and went back to Tony and Pep's cabin on the lake for a funeral of sorts. Pep and I made a flower wreath and placed her gold piece in the middle. The Guardians walked down the middle of our aisle as the rest of us stood vigil. They placed it in the water and we watched it float down. We stood, and some of us struggled not to cry. The Guardians, Thor, Loki and I, Pep, Tony and Morgan, Wanda, Clint and his family were there.
After the funeral, we comforted the team as they had essentially lost a member of their family. They didn't seem to be too hard hit but I knew. Thor knew. After being with them for a while, they tended to hide their emotions more often than not.
As the sun set over the lake, Loki sat with me. "I don't know if I said it before, but I missed you," he said gently. "I missed you too, sweetheart," I replied. I sighed sadly. "What is it?" He asked.
"I wish there was a way that we could tell her. Tell her that we won."
"She knows. They both do."
He intertwined his fingers with mine and clicked his tongue. "Ah! There's been something I've been meaning to ask you," Loki smiled. I cocked my head in curiosity and Loki covered my eyes with one hand. "This is a surprise for you, my dear. This is something I've been wanting to do since Sakaar," he said. He took his hand away from my eyes and I could now see a beautiful gold ring in the palm of his hand. "Loki--"
"Marry me?"
I didn't say anything, only kissed him. "So is that a yes, then?" I heard him murmur between the kiss. I nodded and took the ring from him, slipping it on my finger. "I love you. So much, my little dove," Loki smiled.
"I love you too."

*****************

Loki and I had been engaged for a year. Thor had lost some weight for the wedding, and was looking sharp in a dark forest green suit that all the groomsmen were wearing. Loki and I had chosen him to be his best man, obviously, and Pep was my maid of honor. Wanda, Mantis, May, Peter's aunt, and Yelena, Nat's sister, were my bridesmaids. Tony was walking me down the aisle, Morgan was going to be my flower girl, and Peter was going to be our ring bearer.
Pep helped me put the finishing touches on my appearance. As I began to walk out of the tent where I was getting ready, I heard Wanda yell, "Wait! Loki has a special request!"
"What is it, Wanda?"
"He's asking that you wear his mom's tiara with your veil."
I nearly began crying at this. "Of course. Tell him I said thanks, okay?" I said. Wanda nodded and scurried off to by the lake where the wedding was being held. Pep attached the veil and set the tiara on my head. "There. You're ready," she smiled. I took a look at myself in the mirror and my breath hitched in my throat. Wow. This is not how I imagined my big day, but I am certainly not complaining. The intro music began to start, and Tony came in. "Come on, Pep. We gotta get this lovely lady down the aisle."
Morgan walked down, tossing rose petals. Then Pep walked down, followed by my bridesmaids. Then the grand entry. I walked in with Tony at my arm. A piano and violin arrangement of "Glimpse of Us" by Joji began to play. I looked at Loki and saw tears fill his eyes. Thor patted his shoulder and I saw the two of them talking.
We reached the altar and I hugged Tony. "Thank you for doing this. Thank you for everything," I said, nearly crying myself. Tony nodded and smiled. "Go get him, kid." I faced Loki and we grabbed each other's hands. I want to kiss you right now, love.
I know but we have to wait.
The officiator began, and we kind of drowned it out until the vows. Loki unfolded a piece of paper from his pocket. "Y/n L/n, I met you on accident. It was the greatest accident of my life. I wouldn't change anything if I could. I cannot wait to say those special two words and take you into my arms as my wife. I love you, my darling dear." He put the paper away and then it was my turn. "First of all, sweetheart, you told me you had it memorized," I began, which took a laugh from the audience. "But even when you make me mad or annoyed, I can't be. You make me happy when I'm sad. You make me laugh everyday. Meeting you was the best moment of my life. I love you, my Loki."
Eventually we passed the part where we swore ourselves to each other. Then came the infamous, "You may now kiss the bride." I very nearly jumped into Loki's arms and we deeply kissed one another. Finally. Finally, we had each other. We could be with each other for all time. Always.