I Heard Through The Rose Vine: Improvisations and Heads in Crystal Balls

Epel Was awoken by a whisper. He sat up and looked at the Clock it read 3 Am. The whispering continued and Epel got up and Put on his slippers before walking out of the room. He followed the sound into the library but nothing was there and the Whispers continued. Epel started walking around the room with his ear to the book cases. He stopped when he heard the voice but it was much louder and echoed. Epel knocked on the bookcase and it sounded hollow.

"It's hollow....wait It's a secret passage isn't it!" Epel Exclaimed. He started walking around the room pulling books. He walked backward and bumped into the desk, tripping as he grabbed the head of a Marble statuette. It went backward and Epel heard a door. He looked at the book shelf and saw it was open. He pushed the head forward and it closed. So the statuette was the switch. Epel re opened the door and walked in the Pasig picking up the torch on the wall. He used fire magic to light it and walked up the staircase behind him he heard a bang. He looked at the door and saw it closed.

"That's going to be a problem. Oh well, future Epel can worry about it." Epel Said as he continued up the staircase following the whispers. He got to the door that let him exit and saw that there was a little sliding area. He opened it and looked through the two eye holes that were behind it. It seemed he was behind a Painting based on all the artwork in the room he was about to enter. Epel pushed upon the painting and stepped into the room.

The room was filled with Paintings and statues but they didn't feel right. They had a magic energy. Epel just sped walked through the room still following the whispering which now sounded like talking but it was incoherent he entered a small dark room with a telephone and two Mirrors that were facing each other. The phone rang and Picked it up. From the other side he heard a more distorted version of Aura's voice mixed with that of a Females.

"I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream

I

know you, that look in your eyes is so familiar a gleam"

The Aura Copycat sang Epel's eyes started to droop.

"And I know it's true that visions are seldom all they seem

But if I know you, I know what you'll do

You'll love me at once, the way you did once upon a dream"

Epel started to feel more tired and like his magic was starting to be sapped away .

"But if I know you, I know what you'll do

You'll love me at once

The way you did once upon a dream

I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream

I know you, that gleam in your eyes is so familiar a gleam"

Epel started to notice Vines Creeping around the room. He was also feeling more weak. He needed to hang up before something bad happened and he knew this but the voice was so entrancing and the Vines were so pretty .

"And I know it's true that visions are seldom all they seem

But if I know you, I know what you'll do"

It's not the time to listen to a lullaby Epel mentaly berated himself as he moves the phone away from his ear.

"You'll love me at once, the way you did once upon a dre-"

Epel hung up before the voice could finish. The Vines burned and Epel looked around the room and saw his reflection. It had warped to that of a terrifying face. He knew what this room was now. It was a version of a psychomanteum. He listened for the voice and left the room through a side door.