six

i had my phone out and scrolled through my group chat with soojin, jugyeong and sooah who could not stop talking about the confession in the gym that we were eager to see, but my mind was occupied with  han seojun.

those thoughts disappeared from my mind when i spotted my girl friends along with taehoon and suho waiting outside the entrance of the gymnasium, causing me to facepalm.

"of course i should have expected your nosy asses," i sighed, as sooah brushed my comment off and pointed through the slim windows on the gym door to where a guy stood in the center of the basketball court with a small paper gift bag in his hand.

"that's him!" jugyeong squealed as she opened the door for me and waited for me to go inside.

"you know, this is kind of embarrassing even though i'm getting confessed to. why don't you guys go get lunch and i'll catch up with you later?" i told them and sooah whined, but taehoon fortunately agreed to my request and slung an arm over his girlfriend's shoulder. he proceeded to sling the other on suho- who was also trying to get a closer look at the mystery guy- before pulling the both of them away.

"promise you'll give us all the details later?" soojin grinned and i agreed before i shooed her and jugyeong off, and they finally left.

i entered the gym and closed the door behind me. then i walked up towards the guy standing on the basketball court with a gift bag in his hands. my steps echoed in the empty gymnasium as i got closer and i wanted to get this over with, because my mind was fixated on worrying about han seojun. so great, i'm still hung over him.

when i reached the guy, he turned to greet me with a charming smile that showed off his dimples and crescent eyes. he had wavy brown hair and bright, glowy healthy skin which only enhanced his attractive appearance.

he looks familiar... i've definitely seen him before.

"as you know, i sit in the front row of our class," he grinned and introduced himself as kim myungsoo.

right, he's the guy who's often praised by the homeroom teacher along with soojin and suho, but that's not what makes him so familiar to me. i've seen him somewhere else but i still can't recall where.

"i've met you a few times before at your previous school- when i went there during our basketball matches and you know my cousin-" he didn't even have to finish his sentence.

his cousin is my best friend, shin ryujin.

he's the kim myungsoo that i've heard about so many times from ryujin's family. perfect grades, part-time model, star of the basketball team and he's extremely popular for his outgoing and charming personality that garners him attention wherever he goes. he practically rivals suho in terms of popularity.

but why is he confessing to me? we barely even know each other.

it turns out ryujin found out that myungsoo and i are in the same class so she thought it'd be funny to prank me with a love confession. the gift bag in his hand was from ryujin and yeji to which myungsoo agreed to deliver to me during his 'love confession.'

"ryujin must think she's outdone herself," i sighed as myungsoo chuckled and handed me the small paper gift bag as we exited the gymnasium.

"also if you have any concerns regarding saebom high school, feel free to ask me. it's my duty as student council president," he told me and i nearly dropped my jaw, he's also student council president on top of being so perfect already?

"...and it's totally not because ryujin would skin me alive if she found out you were having a hard time at saebom and i didn't do anything to help," he joked and i reassured him that i am doing alright.