twenty three

"it definitely needs glitter," sooah stared through the rectangle she made with her thumbs and index fingers. she looked at the decorative poster that we've been working on for suho's vice president campaign.

"maybe some propaganda would be nice? like 'if you vote for anyone else instead of lee suho, you'll regret it when no one else can promise you a less hour of school,'" taehoon looked to his girlfriend who simply rolled her eyes.

"no one's going to be believe that. myungsoo is the president and he can't even do that for us, so what makes you think people will believe suho is capable?" sooah replied, and she opened her arts and crafts pouch to retrieve glitter.

suho promptly stopped her and took the bag out of her hands.

"no glitter please. i'm trying to send a message here, right?" suho nudged seojun, who had his feet propped up against the desk and he was staring at the classroom wall of announcements and educational posters.

"i don't care, just tell me where you want me to stick these eye-sores," seojun sighed.

the posters were basically just "vote for suho as vice president!" with a huge cut-out of his face in the center with a white outline that took up 70% of the poster.

so wherever in the school you see suho's campaign posters, it feels like he's watching you as you're walking by. he calls this a psychology trick since no one else is doing that, but i think it's just plain creepy. even if he's handsome.

"i can't believe we're spending our study hall working on your campaign," seojun picked up a poster with a ridiculously big cut out of suho's face and flipped it around suho could inspect it.

"this is for a good cause! and i might let you be my number two, second in line to the vice president!" suho grinned, as he held the poster up to his face and put replicated his expression printed on the poster. just a regular smile, which was rare for someone who barely smiled.

"no thanks," seojun shook his head, and placed his arms on the table in front of him to take a nap. he rested his head comfortably there and closed his eyes.

sooah finished writing messages such as "voting takes place at the gymnasium during day next week during lunch," before giving suho a thumbs up. then, he grabbed the posters and gave them to seojun, since we were all assigned a task to help him with.

"okay, go put up posters with hyojin. we're done with the first batch of posters," suho nudged seojun, who muttered, "finally."

before we left the room, taehoon slapped a post-it note on the back of seojun's blazer with the locations that we should place the posters.

we made our way from hallway to hallway, in addition to bulletin boards and classroom doors to ensure that students would see our posters. there were also a myriad of other campaign posters since so many students were trying to run for vice president.

and it's not like anyone could run for vice president either. you had to obtain a recommendation from a teacher or faculty member before you could apply to become a vice president candidate. that meant all of these posters represented a star student that excelled in some way better than the rest of the students.

names such as lee suho, kang soojin, and ahn hyunkyu garnered attention.

seojun thought of the brilliant idea of sticking these posters outside the gym locker rooms so that there's no way anyone could miss them. everyone has to take gym class, but not everyone goes down the same hallway.