ten

the night air was cold and i don't even know where i'm going right now.

"han seojun! you're being so aggressive right now," i snapped at him as he maintained his grip on my wrist.

out of nowhere, he dragged me away from our group, without a single word.

"why didn't you text or call me when he told you to?" he referred to the leader of the delinquent group.

"what would have changed? you still would have ended up fighting him," i glared at him as he stopped when we reached the inner streets of a quiet neighborhood.

"look at you. you're still as frightened as you were when i barged into that karaoke room and that guy was standing over you," seojun scoffed in response.

"how can you even blame me for this-" i was so frustrated with him that i wanted to cry.

"-it happened and we're out of there now. stop getting angry at me when i've done nothing but try to keep you out of that situation as much as i could. i told him over and over that you're not coming but you just had to show up and get hurt," i broke down at the sight of the cut on his lip and the fresh injuries he got from the fight.

a tear trailed out from the corner of my eye and the irritated look on seojun's face transformed into concern.

without a word, he pulled me into his embrace and engulfed me with the warmth of his body. he rested his chin next to me shoulder and stroked the hair on my back of my head gently as he apologized, "i'm so sorry."

"sorry is not what i want to hear," i broke out of his embrace and took a step back from him.

"you keep doing this, seojun. i already told you to not break my heart again. getting me out of that situation was enough and i'm thankful but don't start hugging me and comforting me like this," i was so emotional at the moment- the turn of events tonight really startled me.

"hyojin listen," he watched as i wiped my tears, my chest heaving up and down as i sniffled. "i'm really sorry."

"why do you keep acting so confusing? one moment you're so cold to me and the next you're being considerate for a change," i looked at him through teary eyes. there was a hint of sadness on his face too.

"because i still love you too," he suddenly confessed.

"there hasn't been a single moment where i didn't love you all this time," he continued and i watched silently as he dropped his head to stare at his bruised knuckles.

"i know you have a lot of questions and i promise you i never broke up with you because i stopped loving you. i think it's about time that i let you know why," he said, and i watched as he brought a thumb to the corner of my eye and wiped the tears away.

"i blamed myself because i let your own best friend die. i didn't think i could face you again after that," he said, and it instantly hit me. jung seyeon.

a long time ago, we were all close friends.

i met lee suho first since we were childhood friends. then i met jung seyeon during one of my first dance classes and we instantly became friends because he was passionate for dance in the same way that i was. he supported my dance journey every step of the way and we were there for each other in the tough times as well. his biggest dream was to become a singer so i encouraged him as much as i could.

naturally, i introduced him to lee suho because his dad owned move entertainment, and they were looking to debut idols soon. and just like that, suho, seyeon and i became trainees at suho's dad's entertainment around middle school. we were close friends even when i gave up being a trainee in my final year of middle school.