two

'august 8th

recover quickly from your injuries so that my heart doesn't have to ache from seeing you in pain :(

i promise to come by more often these days to see you and i can't wait to take you on a date when you're fully recovered.

i love you,
seojun

p.s suho and seyeon said hi'

i folded the letter and tucked it carefully back into its envelope before placing it in the box along with all the other letters from seojun. i placed them back into the bottom drawer of the desk in my room.

he used to love giving me gifts all the time whether it was big or small and there was usually a letter.

that letter in particular was from the time i sprained my ankle and sustained a shoulder injury as well because i fell off the stage during the rehearsal for a dance performance. luckily the stage wasn't too high off the ground.

but now han seojun dislikes me- i don't even know the reason why. we used to bicker however we usually got over it fairly quickly. the breakup was so out of the blue and at an insensitive time when i was grieving the loss of our friend seyeon that i couldn't help but get really angry with him too.

i snapped out of my thoughts when my phone buzzed and i opened it to see good morning texts from my three new friends.

i went into the kitchen to grab two slices of bread and poured myself some of the coffee that dad left on the counter. i don't really like coffee because i didn't sleep well this entire week. thank god it was friday because i could finally have the weekends without seeing han seojun literally everywhere in school.

it left a really bitter taste in my mouth so i discarded the paper cup which contained my coffee into the trash can in mom and dad's restaurant downstairs.

"wasting food again this early in the morning," dad remarked under his breath as i walked past him and muttered, "good morning to you too, dad."

i got to school still feeling really drowsy that i could barely keep my eyes open. even climbing the stairs to get to the classroom felt like a hassle.

and just when i entered the back door of the classroom, i walked into quite a noisy situation. han seojun, whose seat was in the corner of the room and nearest to the backdoor, was surrounded by his loud friends.

they're so energetic this early in the morning for what?

"give it back! don't ruin it or else i can't give them to my crush," one of seojun's friends tried to snatch the letter that was in chorong's hand. using as height as an advantage, he raised his arm so that the shorter friend couldn't reach it.

i almost rolled my eyes because they haven't changed a bit, they're fun but rowdy boys.

"good morning hyojin!" sooah greeted me from her spot at her boyfriend taehoon's desk.

"good morning sooah!" i grinned at her,

"ask her," the brown curly-haired guy nudged his girlfriend who only furrowed her eyebrows at him.

my heart pounded in my chest. ask me what?

"no! that's so mean especially because she's new here," sooah punched his arm and he pretended to wince before pouting, "what about our date babe? all the movie tickets are already sold out!"

sooah pressed her lips together and sighed before looking at me and put on her cutest face. it's only not cringey because sooah is naturally cute. with her big doe eyes and bubbly personality, who could say she isn't?