10 Worst Name Changes In WWE History

Listen, I'm not going to put Io Shirai's name change on the list. I'm not gonna talk about the recent name change that makes me cringe so much anymore, you can't make me!

So, wrestling is entertaining and it's supposed to be the best thing we ever watch because sure, why not? And the fact that this sport can be stupid, but brilliant at some times.

Ring names are the most important to a wrestler and if you have a name, you want to make sure fans remember it. Now in WWE there were some terrible ring names over the years, but there were also awesome name changes like Bryan Danielson's old name to Daniel Bryan, which was suggested by William Regal by the way, Triple H's Terra Ryzing to Hunter Hearst Helmsley to HHH, and Shane Helms to The Hurricane, to name a few.

Like I said, there were some good name changes, but some of these, not so much.

I'm Freedom_Fighter24 and here are 10 Worst Name Changes In WWE History...

10. Chad Gable To Shorty G

Now this is just one of the worst one to exist back before the Thunderdome existed, but at least we don't need that anymore.

In the 2019 King of The Ring tournament, Gable was a contestant and going in, everyone started talking about his height and so WWE decided to slowly name him Shorty Gable, which was terrible, but at least Gable could make it work and we should applaud him for it.

And in the semifinals, they renamed him as Shorty G, where Chad would go out and wear a knockoff NBA uniform with the letter "G" at the front.

What's even worse was that, this went on for a whole fucking year before Chad got his original name back and it was never brought up again.

Shorty G, what a inspirational name (sarcasm)!

9. Texas Red To Master of Pain To "Mean" Mark Callous

Your Older Sister's Creepy Boyfriend actually talked about the characters he had to portray and while his favorite one is The Undertaker, his least favorites were Texas Red, Master of Pain, and "Mean" Mark Callous.

Undertaker basically wore a mask and was named Texas Red, but the problem was that Midnight Mark was green as baby shit and he barely had experience at the time.

Then, he'd jump to NWA under the new name Master of Pain. Green name, but he was improving back then.

After Undertaker had went through that phase, he went to WCW to be renamed "Mean" Mark Callous as a part of a tag team called "The Skyscrapers" with Dan Spivey and Teddy Long as the manager.

To be fair, they did have somewhat of a good run, but Undertaker was underutilized and not used correctly in WCW, mostly due to the name.

And fun fact, this was at the time where he and Sting actually faced off for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship, so yeah, that dream match has happened, but I won't give away who won the match. Don't be a pussy, do some research.

8. Kana To Asuka

I know, the name sounds cool, but when you put it side by side, it definitely doesn't fit her character. I'm sorry if I offended you, but let me explain.

Way back before she went to NXT, Asuka, who went by the name of Kana, the short version of her real life name, was a terrifying individual who can kill you just when you get in the ring with her.

That name made her a megastar and it got her a match with The King Minoru Suzuki at one point in both their careers.

Kana was so ruthless that she would make her opponents feel intimidated by that name alone: she'll kick you until you lose a birthday, she'll spurt out fake blood to make herself scary, and she accidentally scared a kid at one point, horror in wrestling never changes!