My Thoughts On WWE Extreme Rules (2022)

Before we could get started, I have different opinions and I watched this show from beginning to end with my lady. If you don't like any of my opinions, it's not a problem, just don't hate me for anything that I have a feeling about in this sport. I just have a different perspective on wrestling and how it should bring everyone together as a community.

Anyway, onto my thoughts and opinions...

Brawling Brutes vs Imperium - Donnybrook Match

This was such a great start to the show. I thought the spot with Sheamus' Celtic Cross on WALTER through the announce table was a pretty good spot, but to me, Vici and Kaiser doing their finishing tag team maneuver onto Ridge Holland, onto the floor was so brutal, I don't even know how Holland managed to get up after that.

With Brawling Brutes winning, I was happy with it. I enjoyed it.

Rating: 9 out of 10

Liv Morgan vs Ronda Rousey - Extreme Rules match for the Smackdown Women's Championship

First off, before I could go on about the match, "Bad Reputation" has to die!

It was cool when it was used in Shrek, but after it was used as Rousey's theme, it's not even that awesome now, especially when Ronda doesn't love the business anymore, as evident in that 2018 interview!

Sorry, I had to get it out there before I get started on the match itself.

This match between Morgan and Rousey was kinda "meh" for me. When I learned that there was a planned thumbtack spot, I was like, "This could save the match for me", but when I also learned it was scrapped, that bummed me out.

I admire the story the two women were trying to tell, but I just thought the match was lackluster for me. It did have a great spot where Ronda hit Morgan with the bat into the ribs, but that was the only thing that was enjoyable, nothing else.

Rating: 3 out of 10

Karrion Kross vs Drew McIntyre - Strap Match

I don't think WWE knows what a Strap Match is because first of all Cody vs QT Marshall in AEW introduced me to the proper way on how this match was supposed to be done: you have to hit all four top turnbuckle pads to win before the opponent does.

This match, in my opinion, would've been more interesting, but it wasn't that extreme because of how it didn't build a lot of satisfying stuff.

I liked that Kross had won, but I did think either Drew or Karrion called an audible to end the match with McIntyre getting pepper sprayed and then Kross knocking him out for the win because of how the crowd was just dead.

Rating: 2 out of 10

Bayley vs Bianca BeLair - Ladder Match for the Raw Women's Championship

It was everything that I expected in this match: hard-hitting, brutal, and so much ladder usage.

I did expect Shirai and Dakota to come out because they're lackeys for Bayley in Damage CTRL, but at least Bianca was able to take care of them before moving onto the match.

And seriously, BeLair giving a K.O.D. to Bayley with a piece of a ladder was gruesome to see.

When BeLair won, I wasn't upset about it. I did root for Bayley, even though she's still annoying before she got injured, but it doesn't matter, I enjoyed this match.

Rating: 9.5 out of 10

Finn Balor vs Edge - "I Quit" Match

I liked that Finn and Edge took it everywhere throughout the stadium and yes, Judgement Day was going to get involved sooner than later, but to see Beth Phoenix and Rhea Ripley go at it definitely saved the match for me it was a bit too long.

The ending almost reminded me of when Jey Uso had to say "I quit" to save his brother Jimmy from Roman Reigns (I know Promo Joe will do a comparison segment in one of his videos), but it was very well done. Seeing Beth get hit with a Con-Chair-to by Ripley was such a great part of this storyline.

Maybe we get a WarGames match between Judgement Day and Edge, Rey Mysterio, Beth Phoenix, and someone else at Survivor Series this year. Bring on gang warfare!

Rating: 8 out of 10

Seth Rollins vs Matt Riddle- Fight Pit

I thought this match was great. I really think D.C. played a huge part in this: laying down the law and making sure the fight was fair.

It reminded me of a UFC fight that I saw on YouTube the other day and while I can't remember the names, this match seriously made me happy, but not nearly as happy as the ending to the show...

Rating: 10 out of 10

The ending seriously made me mark out. It showed off the Firefly Funhouse puppets being killed off which I thought was cool, especially when it showed the Fiend's mask, both burnt and new, I knew this was Bray Wyatt, but I didn't know how he was going to show himself.

When it showed him in a different mask this time, as well as a lantern, it was so cool, and I didn't think it was him because it showed a husky kid in black leather or whatever. When he took the mask off, revealing his cut beard and mustache combo, I lost my fucking shit.

I seriously wanted to scream like a girl, but I thought it was best if I didn't! Even when Bray revealed himself, I'm man enough to admit it, I almost cried.

It was Bray. I thought I was back in 2013 when I started to watch pro wrestling and WWE was the first company I was into before other companies started to draw me in, including AEW.

Thank you Triple H for making me love WWE again. I may not have watched the attitude era or the ruthless aggression era, but after seeing WWE improved since mid July made me love the company again.

He brought back some of my favorites (even though I have some least favorites), improved the match concepts, PPVs, and Raw and Smackdown.

Hunter, keep it coming!

The show overall, I have to give it a 7.5 out of 10, simply because of Kross/McIntyre and Rousey/Morgan being lackluster in my perspective.