Canceling Gimmick PPVs

We might as well start planning a celebration because I learned that WWE is planning to cancel gimmick PPVs like Hell In A Cell and Extreme Rules!

Now, the PPV I'm happy they're getting rid of is Hell In A Cell because the company making a show around the that match was the worst thing they could've done, thinking they could get away with it by having the match be a regular match for 10 to 15 minutes before going hardcore.

This match is supposed to be the last resort for a rivalry that's gotten so personal between two competitors, not a premium PPV.

You remember when those four words would be yelled and the announcers would go, "Oh no! Not this! Anything but this! Oh shit!"? It used to be that way, but now it was, "Oh, you're feuding? Alright, go in the box".

There shouldn't be a show revolving around a match stipulation, it should be about a match where feuds end.

The most recent example of blowing off a feud was Edge vs Seth Rollins at Crown Jewel and while I didn't watch the show live, I did hear that it was the match of the night, even though it was the opener for the show.

Let's also hope that WWE gets rid of the red paint on the cell because it looks so ugly that if you saw it in the daytime, you hoped it turned to night!

Seriously, I like the fact that it was painted red and it was understandable for selling toy sets or whatever, but I just think the regular steel look is more ominous and more intimidating.

Now, with Extreme Rules, I'm not gonna lie, I will miss the show because I didn't watch WWE until 2013, so this is a PPV I grew up around. To hear that it's gonna be canceled was a bit upsetting for me, but I know it's for the best because if you don't go extreme when the show is called "Extreme Rules" in it, that defeats the purpose of the word extreme.

To see that every match was hardcore in this year's Extreme Rules PPV was amazing, and I hope that Triple H (I heard he tested positive for Covid, so I wish a speedy recovery for him) keeps it that way for one night only, even if there isn't a PPV to promote it.

The only time, this is an idea I came up with, when WWE goes extreme without that PPV is when they arrive in Philadelphia, the home and birthplace of ECW (Extreme Championship Wrestling), for a couple times a year. Again, this is an idea so that PPV doesn't have to happen.

It's simple: respect the history, but only have all the wrestlers go hardcore when WWE is in Philly for either Raw, Smackdown, or heck, why not both?

These are my thoughts on WWE canceling gimmick PPVs, but what are your thoughts on this?