The Sarcophagus

The team stepped off of their plane, now they were in New York City, Theo gazed around, he reminisced over the time he spent here, he was only very young when he lived here with his parents but some locations still clicked in his head.

"Right. There's a restricted location you're not allowed to visit since it was one of the main base of operations of Thomas Tew back in his day, apparently it's cursed and not anyone has dared to take what remains inside. We should go" said Diane.

"Even though it's cursed? I don't know about this" asked Eric.

"Probably a tale that just got spread around. I'm sure it's nothing" informed Kurt.

"Well we're gonna need some transport" said Theo, leading them to the car park in front of the airport, he walked over to two people getting into their jeeps and headbutted them.

"WHAT THE HELL?" Asked Becky.

"Oh for god sake calm down" said Liam.

Theo dragged the unconscious bodies to a big bin directly outside of the airport, chucking them in and walking back, smiling.

"Let's go!" He said happily, throwing one set of keys to Kurt and had the other in his own hand.

Theo, Diane, Tony and Eric got in one and Kurt, Becky, Liam in the other.

Tony and Diane had to sit in the back, as Theo and Eric got in the front before them, both in the back feeling very uncomfortable.

"Listen about what happened when we were trapped," whispered Tony.

"Don't. I'm not going to tell Kurt if that's what you're going to ask. I'm not going to risk destroying you two and losing Becky. Although it was you who made the move. Things won't be the same Tony. Stay out of my way and I'll stay out of yours." Diane responded bluntly.

Tony looked out of his window, hoping Diane would keep her promise.

Theo drove on, wondering what Diane and Tony had been whispering about, probably just the relief of surviving the fire, surely?

Kurt sat with Becky beside in the passenger seat, Liam sitting back annoyed Becky got there first.

"Well Becks, any chance I can have that seat?" He asked sarcastically.

"No Liam. Should've been faster shouldn't you?" Becky replied smugly.

"Oh shut up the pair of you, I'm tired of hearing your back and forths" chimed in Kurt.

"I unfortunately can't do that Benson, Becky just always finds a way to annoy me sometimes, it's her main talent, along with being an anti vaxxer conspiracy theorist psycho" replied Liam sarcastically.

"You'll be getting a slap in a minute if you don't shut your gob!" Shouted Becky.

"Listen, let's just calm down." Said Kurt calmy.

The two jeeps the team had stolen arrived at the old base of Thomas Tew.

"It's a door in the ground." Stated Tony.

"I know…" responded Diane.

"No way am I going underground again, not after last time, we almost died."

"Oh suck it up you pussy, let's go" said Theo, opening the door in the ground, it was like a bunker.

He led the way, Tony reluctantly following, with Kurt by his side, the team walked down a rusty old wooden staircase, reaching a room with multiple chests.

"We've found some treasure!" Becky exclaimed.

The team walked over to the chests, opening them up, Liam turned around and frowned at Becky, they were all empty, "sure. Treasure."

"Well where the hell did all the stuff go?" Asked Becky.

"I think I might know." Replied Eric.

The team gathered round him to hear, he began, "so Blackbeard recruited or at least tried to recruit Tew for help to find this glorious treasure and planned to recruit more, so what if they all got a massive fleet of ships and put all their treasure on their?" He asked.

"That's a really good theory, better than Becky's nutjob ones at least" remarked Liam.

"Wait. What's this under the big chest, I swear it's a piece of paper" said Kurt. He lifted up the chest off of the floor and under it was a dusty old letter, he blew off the dust, reading the words.

"Today I was approached by Edward Teach and his crew, along with Olivier Levasseur and his crew, however Edward prefers Blackbeard, they have proposed that I and my crew join him on a fleet to find the best treasure of all time. I have agreed, we head off soon with all our riches to recruit Samuel Bellamy in Massachusetts, we go on our fleet today. I pray this goes well.
-Thomas Tew."

"Just as I thought then, a fleet, full of treasure." Replied Eric.

"For god sakes. Does this mean we're taking another plane?" Asked Theo.

"You won't need one, you'll be headed to the morgue once we're done with you all" said a voice behind them.

It was Chloe, with multiple soldiers.

"Hand over that letter. Or I shall drag out your deaths and make them even worse than they shall be already" she threatened.

Liam gripped onto the letter, not willing to hand it over, but Becky grabbed it off of him, throwing it to Chloe.

"BECKY WHY?!" He shouted angrily.

"I am not going to let you get us killed" replied Becky.

Chloe walked towards Becky, "I admire your courage I really do, what I don't admire is disobeying your fellow team members, even I don't like that" she snarked, shoving her to the ground, Becky landed on a brick in the stone wall, which opened up the wall, she fell back and into a secret room.

The soldiers and Chloe got distracted by this, giving the team a choice to get out their pistols and unleash a ray of bullets on the soldiers, Chloe ran up the wooden stairs and out of the bunker, letter in hand but leaving her soldiers to die. Ironically she had criticised Becky for betraying her team when she did the same.

Diane picked up Becky from the floor, the only team member that acknowledged her, the others still bitter towards the letter incident.

They spotted a sarcophagus, in the middle of the room.

"Who's going to open it?" Asked Tony.

Liam ripped the opening off of it and slid it onto the floor, the stench of death let out of it, a couple of bones lying there.

Something appeared in the air. A face that burst out of the sarcophagus, it was Thomas Tew!

"Please. Stop your investigation into this while you still can, Blackbeard couldn't be trusted, but I couldn't inform the others before he killed me. They and multiple other pirates went along with him to find the treasure. I wish I could've told them. Please heed my warning." The ghost then vanished into thin air, the team in shock.

"So Blackbeard killed Tew but the question is why? Guess we'll find out later down the line." Said Eric.

"We should get out of here, stay in New York for a day and then head back to Hollyoaks, take a break from this hunting for a while." Said Diane.

The team left the bunker, shutting the door on the way out, still kind of horrified from seeing the ghost.

Chloe got on the phone to Kathryn, "ma'am I got a letter, sent a photo of it to you, looks like we'll be heading to Massachusetts next, Blackbeard had even more pirates he wanted to recruit, the next one named Samuel Bellamy."

"Thank you very much Chloe. You have been very useful." Kathryn replied.

Back at the mansion Kathryn then got onto the phone to Thomas. "How is Project C going?"

"Better than expected, faster also, it's very impressive Kathryn" he replied.

"Good. I shall visit you soon." She said.