The Final Recruit

The team boarded off of the plane, this was it, if Blackbeard did indeed recruit Henry then Every must've left something to signify where they were going and if he did, that'll lead the team right to the treasure.

They all got taxis to the dock where the jeep they had stolen from the military was being unloaded, then they got inside.

"So, I did some digging while we were on the plane and here in Devon around the time of Henry Every there was a club for pirates only, it's known he used to go there regularly, maybe Blackbeard found him there when he approached him" said Diane.

"Worth a try isn't it" said Eric.

Diane drove away from the dock, heading to the old pirate club.

"Now be prepared, there's guards around this place trying to preserve it and protect it, no one wants to look at anything inside in case a curse is on the place, multiple pirates being there? Murderous pirates? People tend to think the ghosts of the pirates' victims haunt the club so that's a reason." Said Diane.

Finally they pulled up outside of the old club, exiting the jeep and walking over to the four guards protecting it.

"Any chance we can take a look inside?" Asked Liam.

"Are you stupid?" Asked a guard. "The sign says no going inside, now leave the area."

"Yeah, sorry buddy, we don't take no for an answer" said Liam, ripping out his pistol and shooting the guard.

Theo then unleashed a round of assault rifle bullets on the remaining three guards, before opening the door of the club, it was covered in dust, cobwebs and even some bugs but it was worth it.

There were swords everywhere, some on the floor and two in the wall, even some bones of multiple different corpses scattered across the room, whatever happened here. It wasn't pretty.

"The hell occurred here? We need to look around for any evidence and see if we can piece it all together, who knows one of these bones could be Henry's" said Eric.

"Look at the bar, there's a note" said Becky to Diane, basically an order and Diane knew she couldn't disobey Becky, as she worried as to what she would do.

Diane picked up the note, laying next to it was a feather pen, she read the note out to the team.

"Henry Every here, I have just been approached by Edward Teach to join him and multiple other pirates on a fleet to find what he calls the best treasure of all time. After consulting my crew I agreed."

"That's it? Surely there's another note building on that?" Asked Eric confused.

"You're right" said Liam, ripping a note from the floor, "I am the final recruit for this fleet, the amount of work Teach has put into it I have to commend, many crews and pirates are on this fleet, I think it will be worth it in the end."

Theo approached another note that was laying on the window, he picked it up and read it to the others.

"This is my second last message before I leave this club and the country for the fleet. Blackbeard has told me to take care of the other pirates inside here not part of the fleet so they shall not tell about the treasure to any others, we begin a battle right after I finish writing this."

"So that explains the bones and swords everywhere, but surely there's another note." Said Diane.

Eric pulled a note off that was secretly on the door, "my final note before we leave, if you're seeing this, look behind the bar, I took a copy of Blackbeard's map of the treasure and left it there. I don't trust him fully so in case I end up dead I hope whoever's reading this finds the map and finds the treasure." - Henry Every.

"So he didn't trust him fully yet went along with him?" Asked Theo.

"The treasure was more important to him but who cares, let's get that map" said Becky.

Diane overtook Becky and walked behind the bar, grabbing the map, "this is it. It goes from Blackbeard's first sail for his first recruit, all the way to the final destination of the treasure. Coordinates and all. We have it!" She exclaimed.

"Not for long" said a voice from behind.

The team looked around from behind the bar and saw about fifteen soldiers holding assault rifles, they were outmatched.

"Hand over the map, or else we'll kill you here and now, if you hand it over it'll be a peaceful death. Your choice" said a soldier.

"I'd rather neither thank you, the only ones dying today are all of you" said Theo.

"Foolish remark, we have you cornered. Now hand over the MAP!" Shouted another soldier.

Diane had to think quickly, she took out a lighter and used the note that was originally on the bar to shove in an old glass bottle, then ignited the note, creating a molotov.

The team took cover behind the bar and crouched down, before Diane chucked the Molotov at the soldiers.

They shot out but their clothes caught fire, many tried to run out but they had closed the door, so the struggle to get out from all of them kept the door blocked and burnt them to death.

Meanwhile Liam rushed out from behind the bar shooting the window then jumping through it, the rest of the team following as they didn't want to burn.

"Oh god, tell me someone has the map," said Eric.

Diane panted and caught her breath, "I have it. Right here. We did it. We know where the treasure is."

"So should we go book a flight?" Asked Liam.

"No, I've been thinking, the creed and the military have no idea about where the treasure is located so they can't be there before us so it's only when we arrive at that island is when they also arrive since they'll somehow find a way to track us. I say we head back to Hollyoaks for a while and take a break then end this once and for all." Said Diane.

That's exactly what they did, arriving back at Hollyoaks by car the next day.

Time for a break, then it would be time to finish this.