Welcome Home

C H A P T E R # 1 9

I opened the front door for my dad, so he could walk in with ease. My mom guided him to the living room couch. I was happy that my dad was finally home, but it wasn't because he could stay forever it was because it was his last days and he wants to spend it with us.

How could I've been so stupid, listening to the doctor when clearly my dad wasn't getting any better. He had to be monitored by the doctors. If he was good he could've been home with us. I was dumb to believe them, giving us false hope for my dad.

We all sat down in the living room in silence.

"So are we all just gonna sit here and do nothing?" My dad spoke up

No one answered him.

"How was homecoming Zendaya?"

"It was fine"

"Okay, I know this sad but that doesn't mean we should hold back from doing anything because of me"

"Do you even care about how I feel, or most importantly how mom feels?huh? I haven't seen mom smile the way she did when she was told you get to come home. She was finally happy ever since you've been in the hospital. Then to find out you weren't getting better and it was actually your final days. Why dad? Why'd you have to lie to us?" I said with anger in my voice

"I do care about you guys, that's why I lied I didn't want you guys to worry about anything anymore" he explains

"Do you know how dumb you sound!"

"Zendaya" my mom says trying to calm me down

"No mom that is literally the dumbest thing I've ever heard. What if we didn't find out that it was actually your final days. You would've kept stringing us along pretending everything is okay. Were you waiting on telling us when your dead and nobody can do anything about it!"

"Zendaya that's enough!" my mom yelled. I just stormed up to my room.

I hopped onto my bed and put my head in my hands. My phone kept buzzing with text messages from Adrianna.

Anna😍🔥: how are things with your dad finally home? 😊

I hadn't told Adrianna about my dad yet and I wasn't planning too. Well at least not right now.

I ignored her message and laid down on my bed and stared at the ceiling. Maybe I'm overreacting, but what was going through his head when told them to lie to us.

I stayed in my position for a while. Continuing to stare at the ceiling.

Suddenly, there were 3 soft knocks on my door.

"Go away mom, I just want to be alone right now" I said to my mom at the door

"I'm glad I'm not your mom then" Adrianna said striding into my room with a smile.

"Go away Anna" I said then pulling my cover over my head

"You don't tell me to go away" she said with lots of sass. "And don't you have something to tell me?" She asked with a voice I knew all too well. She knew.

I peeped my head out of my blanket and flashed her a smile. She continued giving me a cold stare.

"Why didn't you tell what was happening with your dad?"

I just shrugged "I just didn't feel like telling you right now. I was gonna tell you at my own time"

"So you'd tell Trevor, but you wouldn't tell me"

I put my head down.

"But you know what I'm not even mad. I'm just here to say your overreacting about this whole thing. Your mom told me everything that just happened"