Loverboys

C H A P T E R # 7

"Christian!" I yelled surprised. I got up and hugged him "What are you doing here? I thought you live in California what are you doing back in Colorado?" I asked.

"My dad's job promoted him over here, we just came in yesterday" he smiled "Now it's my turn to ask a question. Why were you crying?" he asked then sitting down next to me.

"Oh it's nothing" I said trying hide my sadness with a smile

"Zendaya, please tell me, I can see through your fake smiles that something wrong. You can tell me anything"

"Ok, my dad has cancer, and he's doesn't have much longer on this earth. I just came from visiting him. He told me to be strong. I just couldn't help, but cry for the fact that in a matter of days my dad won't be here anymore" the tear began to spill again.

Christian pulled me into a hug. I hugged him back continuing to cry in his shoulder. I felt safe in his arms.

"You'll make it through when he's gone. You know how I now, because I know your a strong and amazing girl" he said

"You really think that?" I said lifting my head up

"Yes, I saw you this summer, you'd take care of your mom when she was crying, or when she'd come in late from work or at least that's what you told me" I smiled at him

"Thank you, you always know what to say" letting go of him. I looked at him shoulder it was wet with my tears

"I'm sorry for crying" I said wiping the remaining tears on my face

"Hey, it's okay to cry every once in a while" he said lifting my face up. Making me look into his eyes. This why I liked Christian, he was caring, sweet, and sincere.

"You're beautiful, you know that" he said. I blushed "By the way, I love your outfit" he said

"Thanks, I'm going for an edgy look" I smiled

"I love it, you look great" he said, I blushed again. Then the there was a bang of thunder, then it began to rain. It was pouring, no wonder the sky was looking gloomy.

"Hey do you need a ride home?" he asked, then standing up, and using his hands to cover his face from the rain

"Yes I do, thanks" I said then getting up and standing with him.

"Okay great then let's go" he grabbed my hand, and we started running over to his car. I felt a tingly feeling in my hand and I kinda liked it. We entered his car all wet from the rain. He turned on his car and put the heater on.

He started driving then I asked "So what school will you be attending?"

"Um. San Chester High School" he said a little unsure by the name

"That's the school I go to"

"Really then you don't mind me asking you if tomorrow you could show me around, instead of some random person"

"No, I'd love to show you around" I smiled

We arrived at my house. He got out of the car, ran over to my door before I opened it and open the door for me.

We ran up to my door, might I add it was still raining. My hair was all wet and so was his.

"Thanks for the ride"

"Your welcome" he said then taking my hand and putting it in his "It was nice seeing you again" he was looking into my eyes, my hand feeling that same tingly feeling from earlier.

He leaned in and surprisingly so did I. There were million things going on in my head when I was leaning in. Like why was I leaning in, Does he want to get back together, and man he looks so hot in the rain.