3 | Every Note

"If there's a place that I could be, then I'd be another memory... Can I be the only hope for you? Because your the only hope for me..."

-The Only Hope for Me is You, MCR

♪°•°∞°•°♪°•°∞°•°♪°•°∞°•°♪°•°∞°•°♪

It was an understatement to say Izuku was annoyed.

Every single class he went to he found some sort of note, sign, or really anything that meant Katsuki wanted him in Ground Zero. The blonde still couldn't believe Izuku would deny!

First it started with the note in his locker. First of all, how did Katsuki get Izuku's locker number!?!

Then it was Katsuki literally saying "please" all day, just that and Izuku said "no" every time. He had better things to do than join a band! He's set on being a doctor for crying out loud!

Finally... There was another note in his locker. Katsuki's phone number. Of course.

This time however... Izuku slipped into his pocket with slight hesitation.

He wasn't actually going to ever call the number, right?

Well, after being pissed off pretty much the entire day, Izuku headed home. The second he got into his bedroom, he flopped down on the bed, swinging his upper body down and grabbing the keyboard that was under it.

Izuku had no motivation for homework, but maybe just a little for music.

Ah yes, the return of the legendary 'G' note... A little off since it was a keyboard, but it still sounded like the same melody with every note.

Izuku shuffled around his backpack to find his notebook, and flipped to the page where  he had written the lyrics for this mysterious memoir song.

Just as he finished the intro, he took a breath, and was cut short by Inko.

"Izuku! Quiet down and come down for dinner!" She called out, and Izuku complied, a little guilty he wasn't studying and goofing off. He knew Inko didn't really like music, but the keyboard and piano was almost intoxicating...

"Izuku, you should've been studying in your room, you know that! Also where did you even get an instrument to play? How did you even learn?" She asked, placing a bowl of miso soup in front of him. He avoided eye contact with her, beginning to eat his dinner. She sat across from him with a soft yet stern look.

"Izuku?"

"I-it's nothing! I just started messing around, and I've had it for years, Dad gave it-" Inko interrupted him at the D-word, "Oh. I see. Just please make sure your studying from now on. You decided to take up difficult classes this year, I can't have you drop." She ordered, and Izuku just nodded. He didn't understand why, but he felt angry. Really angry. He knew Inko was just trying to do what was best for him, but he felt so angry with her telling him he basically couldn't play anymore. Also, whenever he brought up his father she would interrupt or shut him down. It was... Annoying.

Izuku shook the thoughts out of his head, finishing his meal and excusing himself to him room again.

... Better known as his confinement prison, if you will.

Izuku laid down on his bed, staring at the ceiling. He glanced over to his desk, where he saw a picture of his father, the only one he was able to snatch while looking in the attic not too long ago. It made Izuku question so many things. What was he like? Was that a guitar in his hand in the picture? It looked like one. Izuku assumed he was in a band, or played music because of Inko's reaction to him playing or refusing to tell the teen about his father.

But Izuku could live with one photograph, it was enough to hold the few memories he had, and his goal.

Speaking of memories...

No.

Izuku wanted to play so badly, but opted for putting the keyboard away, a little upset doing so. He grabbed his history notebook, and started reviewing for the end of year test that was on Friday.

The melody of the song started playing in his head, and he thought of Katsuki's offer.

Could he really just... Leave everything he worked for, everything that Ochako and his mother wanted to be, leave everything behind and go?

♪°•°∞°•°♪°•°∞°•°♪°•°∞°•°♪°•°∞°•°♪

How does Izuku's dad get mentioned in like two of my stories already? He doesn't even really cannonly exist-

Please vote if your enjoying this so far