Betrayal..? [Diluc x M/n]

Diluc x M/n
[Angst]
by: arstryed

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

[Author's Pov]

You, Diluc and Kaeya had been close since childhood. You and Diluc started to gain feelings with each other as Kaeya teases the two about it.

Everything was perfect, Diluc was still only cheerful when M/n is around but for Kaeya.... He still loves him as his brother but scared to show it after knowing he's from Khaenri'ah (not being a killer or spy).

Diluc has no clue while M/n knows too much about Kaeya, of course Kaeya also has no clue that M/n was already planning something against him.

Couple months later.... news have spread about the death of the Cavalry Captain, Kaeya Alberich. Everyone murmured at his dead while a certain red haired was furious as he used all his connection to find the culprit.

Days later after the death, the culprit was found and caught......

In a small dark room, the only source of light was one small light bulb placed above the celling, there were two favonius knights standing on each side of the door silently, not uttering a single word as they stare at the unknown criminal sitting on a lone chair in the middle of the room

But there was someone else, another person was also silently watching the tied criminal on the chair who was not moving an single inch

The person sighed and stepped out of the shadows and there revealed a red haired man wearing a suit with a black coat

The unknown criminal slowly raised his chin and glared at the redhead, then he smirked

"funny seeing you here, master Diluc." they said which only made Diluc stare at him irritatedly

"don't call me that, M/n." he glared at you

"oh? why not? I thought I was told to respect the knights of favonius" you chuckled narrowing your eyes at him

Diluc didn't reply and just stared down at you intimidatingly, but you didn't seem faze by it

"why did you kill him, m/n?" Diluc asked

"hm? kill who?" you smiled innocently only making Diluc irritated more

"don't play games here. Why. did. you. kill. my. Brother" It was your turn to not say anything and just stared at him

A few seconds later you finally spoke "do you really consider that guy as your brother? get some sense into your head for once. Kaeya killed a lot of innocent people behind your back" you said in an annoyed tone.

Diluc stayed quiet after you said that. he slowly raised his right hand as small pyro sparks can be seen

"you...

...tricked me." Diluc said as flames appeared on his hand

"hm? ...tricked you? no. I saved you."

You gave him a glare with a smirk, Diluc had enough and ordered the knights to lock you up in your jail cell.

"You'll soon regret this Master Diluc." You coldly warned as you were not taken away by the knights.

"you little brat..." Diluc mumbled.

After that day, the news of who the culprit behind Kaeya's death was announced and almost everyone was shocked of knowing it was you who killed him. A lot of people was cursing and hating you due to it but what can you do?

At least they'll still get to drink wine or what so ever as he saved their precious Winery Master from a Calvary Captain who's actually a killer and a spy for the Abyss.

Days have passed as you stared at the same dark bricked cage you're in, 'I wonder how long it will take for then to find out the truth....' You let out a sigh as you sat up on your bed and looked at the cage's window next to your bed, ' I don't care for them now... If the abyss strikes I will fucking stay in this he hole to rot... Fuck you Diluc... I wished I never loved you' You gripped your hands as you felts tears sliding down your cheeks.

"W..what..?" A red haired man asked in disbelief, " Repeat what you just said!" he ordered as the person was surprised and shaking due to his change of tone.

"I-it appears that... Kaeya Alberich, the past Calvary Captain is a killer and a spy for our enemy the Abyss Order... Not only that....

He was aiming for your head next, we found his diary and saw all of his failed attempts as M/n kept on making it fail as such....

He was trying his best to protect you.." The person finally finished reporting as Diluc stared at his desk with mixed feelings.

' M/n didn't kill Kaeya with no normal reasons.... he was just.....

protecting me...?' he ordered the person to leave his office as he was then alone in the room.

He slammed his gripped hand on the desk as he quickly stood up, ' M/n is still locked up in prison even though.... he did nothing wrong ..' He mentally curses himself for being stupid of not knowing the real reason for you to kill his brother.

Now he ran to the prison and wished for you to be alright and still forgives him.

He now arrived at the prison as he then walked towards your cell. Upon arriving he there saw a person with medium/long (hair color) haired laying down on the bed with dirty prisoner clothes along with one long chain on his right wrist that's connected to the wall.

The figure's body was small and thin as it gave hints that he wasn't been fed or treated properly ( I mean he is a prisoner that he locked up due to anger and do not wish to know the real reason )

"M/n...." He muttered as he heard groan from you signaling him that you woked up.

You rubbed your eyes to make your vision clear and starts to turn your head and body towards Diluc.

As Diluc wanted to see those beautiful (eye color) eyes dilled with sparks but he felt heart broken as he then saw a dull (eye color) eyes staring at him at t the eyes.

Diluc grips his hands into a fist as he grits his teeth due to him being angry at his idiotic actions and mentally cursing at him.

" M/n.. I'm sorry about my actions and... I'll let you free now..." Diluc said as he was desperate to take him out of the hell hole and start a new begining.

Diluc however didn't received a reply as your throat was too dry and your body was too weak due to hunger and lack of water. Before Diluc could come closer to you, you body collapsed as Diluc's eyes widen. He rushed to your passed out body and knew you were in the cliff of dying or living. He swiftly carried your dying body as he ran towards the cathedral.

' Fuck.! Fuck .! Fucking hell! M/n don't you dare leave me..... I haven't got to properly say sorry to you yet... Please....'

Upon arriving, he waited outside the room your being healed in. Once Barbara came out of the room with sadness Diluc desperately asked, " Is he going to alright?!" Barbara lets out a sigh, " I'm sorry but.....

He didn't make it....."

Diluc stood infront of the grave of his love, he stared it with dull eyes and emotionless expression. He carried a black umbrella due to the rain...

" I'm sorry...."

______________________
The End

Phew that's one down, One more to go
I'm in need of rest tbh but....

(⁠・⁠-⁠・⁠;⁠)⁠ゞ

That's all, Goodbye....

Total words: 1270 words