Heartbreak ( Childe X Male Reader)

Angst
A lot of plot twist

Requested by: killedsouls
Plot made by : arstryed

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

So, basically you have a crush on Childe for over some time now and you really wants to confess to him but never had the courage because he was afraid of getting rejected, no one knows that you have a crush on childe except for his other friend Lumine, her bestfriend. but apparently Childe has a crush on Lumine instead of you, but you never really knew that, when Lumine had to leave to go to Inazuma, You had the chance to hang out with Childe for a bit while she's gone and months have passed you finally had the courage to confess to him.

You set up a meet-up with Childe somewhere in the mountains of liyue. once Childe arrived they talked for a bit and then you confessed, you looked at Childe confusedly because he wasn't saying anything and just stood there staring at the ground blankly, cChilde let out a scoff and stared at you angrily and said something like this.

【 trigger warning 】

"You've got to be kidding me, you actually like me? someone like you? pfft please– don't make me laugh" childe said staring at you disgustingly which made your eyes widened in shock.

"what...?" you said softly with teary eyes.

"Im surprised you had the courage to confess to me such benevolent words, saying that you love me? in a romantic way? disgusting." Childe spat letting both his hands rest on his hips

You didn't say anything and just continued staring at him.

"so you didn't like me at all?" You softly asked with small tears forming in your eyes.

"i did before when we were friends, but seeing you here right just makes me want to vomit" Childe said angrily while glaring down at you.

"I can't believe you were my friend, i should have left you ages ago." Childe said irritatedly and slapped your face which made your eyes widen even more and tears keeps on flowing out.

Childe let out a tch and walked away leaving you behind to process everything, you stood there not uttering a single word as the clouds in the sky started to rain leaving him soaking wet, you were looking down very disappointed and most of all heart-broken by your former-bestfriend's repugnance remarks.

"so this is what it feels like to be... heart broken?" you hugged your body and kneeled on the ground sobbing quietly, letting the cold rain rush down your body.

"Im so fucking stupid.... maybe... I should've just disappear.... for the better..." Your words drifted with the wind as you rushed to your house and gathered enough clothes, money and survival materials as you are now standing on the mountain behind the Harbor.

'Goodbye.... my dear home...' You then walked away.

The next few weeks after you left, Childe became worried as M/n was no where to be seen. He didn't actually meant to reject you that harsh as he just thinks that you two cannot be together as he is a fatui harbinger. He then went to his house to check on him but saw Lumine crying infront of your house, he approached her and asked her what happened. Lumine glared at Childe and slapped him hard then shouted, " It's all your fault! If maybe you could've rejected my best friend more kindly then he wouldn't be missing ever since a few weeks ago! You damn cold hearted fatui! I hate you!" this made childe shocked and have a heavy heart as he was standing infront of Lumine not daring to say a word or move. Lumine kept on crying as Childe just decided to leave and went to the same mountain where you were last seen...

Once arrived there, he saw a bottle with a paper inside. It was place on the log you sat on, he walked towards it and took the paper out of the bottle. His eyes widen when he saw your handwriting and it was addressed to him. He continued reading through the letter as tears flows out of his cold blank eyes.

Dear Ajax,

If you are reading this it means that Im already gone, not dead or anything but... I just left the nation. You must be happy with my best friend now, I wish I could she her smile for the last time but... I wished to leave early, I truly love you Ajax.... but those words have proven me that Im just a mistake like what my parents called me all the time ^‿^. Let us not meet again in the future... This is our farewell Ajax....

from:
M/n

He cried as he hugged the letter as he kept on mumbling "why" his mind was flooded with voices " You're so stupid" " He's already gone" " you broke him" " Fatui scum" " Disgusting murderer" and many more.

A year have passed as Childe was no longer himself. He always have no energy to fight recklessly or should I just say he matured up. Having tired eyes that look like he didn't sleep in years. He just ignored them.

This past year, he was still a fatui harbinger however, he always makes a lot of time to try find you. Until then... a report came to him..

"You found him?!" Childe asked desperately to his worker, " Yeah my Lord, he is now living at Sumeru for a year now" he answered making Childe's mood lit up a bit.

"Prepare my things, We're going there" The fatui nods " Understood" and left.

'I hope I still have a chance....'

Sadly....

He was far too late....

(way too many timeskip -w-)

After a month of staying in Sumeru, he finally found you near a lake but as he was about to approach you. He saw you laughing softly at the person infront of you who was just smiling at you as you then hugged him making Childe's heart break.

"You're the best lover I could've ever have.... Nari... I love you so much" You softly said as you smiled dearly at your lover, " I love you too N/n" Tighnari said as the two of you kissed.

Childe's heart broke into pieces as tears flows out of his eyes. He wipes them off and smiles hurtfully at the both of you.

At least you're happy with him.......

________________
End

Damn-

That's a lot fo plot twist in this oneshot xD

Anygays, that's all for this one

Hope you all liked it

Byeee