Broken Promise [Xiao x M/n]

Xiao x M/n [Angst]
by: arstryed

[Author's Pov]

You and Xiao had been lovers for the past 3 years, despised you. wing a mortal as him being an immortal. You both still loved each other very much.

Now Xiao is bandaging your wounds that you got from fighting a few monsters as your daily commission but however got attacked from behind by a hilichurl.

Here Xiao could be heard saying a lot of things to you which you just ignored as he tends your wounds.

" I told u to becareful, M/n." Xiao said having an irritated expression as he bandages your wounds, you merely chuckled and replied "okay okay, I'm sorry." you gave him a smile "I'll be more careful next time, I promise"

"you better" Xiao said as he finished tending your wounds, you gave him a closed eyed smile and kissed his cheek

After that day yours and his normal routine goes on. You dealing with commissions and Xiao neither helping you with your commissions or just going around Liyue to eliminate threats.

As Xiao was walking around the plains, he saw something that made his heart stop and eyes widen in fear and worried.

He ran towards the laying figure on a blood pool and saw the (hair color) haired and clothing. He gasps and felt tears coming out of his eyes as he swiftly kneeled down and hold the cold body.

He called the person's name multiple times and didn't got a response. He even tried to save the person by swiftly carrying him to the medic but....

It was just too late

--------------

"you idiot..." Xiao grumbled under his breathe as tears started forming in his eyes. He was staring down at your tombstone and there was a picture of you smiling beside it.

"I told you to becareful..." he mumbled as he kneel down to your tomb, he then covered his eyes and silently sobbed

"Your the only one I have as my light to follow and protect M/n...." Xiao sobbed, " Why... why did you have to leave..?" His cries and sobs becomes louder as he wants to shout out loud to let out all the pain but he couldn't.

He then stood up after placing (favorite flower) besides your smiling picture. " I kept my promise but....

" You didn't kept yours......"

___________________
The end

I think that's all in the suggestion list...

Hmm

Welp sorry if it was a little short as I am too tired to continue further.

Total words: 421 words