Chapter 15

TW: Mentions of torture

All I could see was darkness surrounding me. There was nothing. I couldn't see anything but darkness.

I awoke to shouting. My eyes fluttered open, trying to get used to the bright lights streaming in through the window. My whole body was sore and I had a growing migraine. I didn't even feel like I could move, I felt stuck.

What had happened?

I tried to move or at least push myself up so I could see my surroundings but I ended up groaning as pain swept through my body. The voices quieted down and I could see Thomas and Mattheo coming to the side of the bed.

I suddenly remembered everything that happened last night. Was it last night, I could have been out for days. My eyes grew wide and I tried to push myself up again which resulted in the same it did before. Thomas helped me up to a seated position, his eyes filled with concern and anger. "How do you feel?" He asked

"I feel pain all over and I have a migraine" I managed to get out

(Thomas's pov)

I should have never doubted Malachi's powers for a second. He hurt Circe, he changed Mattheo, he did things that can never be undone. I wanted to kill him so bad, but I knew I couldn't. My father wanted him alive for some odd reason. I wanted to kill him but I couldn't ruin my reputation, I couldn't go against my fathers wishes, but most of all, I couldn't give in to that part of myself, it would tear me apart. It would make me into someone like, if not worse than my father. That could never happen.

I could see that Circe was in a lot of pain. Malachi must have used a spell that I had never heard of. I went to a cabinet and looked around until I found the bottle I needed. I emptied the contents of the bottle into a glass then returned to Circe. I handed her the glass and she slowly grabbed it and drank it before handing back the glass and resting her head on her pillow again.

"How do you feel now?" I asked her a couple minutes later

She remained quiet for a second before answering "I feel a bit better"

I glanced at Mattheo, who was still silent beside me. His mind was filled with thoughts. He realized what I was doing then glared at me and left.

(Circe's pov)

Thomas left to go get me something to eat. He came back and I quickly ate.

I had been excused from classes so I just layed in my bed for most of the day, it was really boring. Thomas had to leave so I was alone. Just then Mattheo walked in. He looked around the room and then his eyes landed on me. "Did Thomas leave?" He asked, shutting the door and walking over to his bed.

"Yeah, I completely and utterly bored"

"Tell me about it" I could practically hear his eyes roll

He started sketching and I decided to take a shower.

I got out of the shower and started drying off then got dressed and brushed my hair.

When I got out of the bathroom, Mattheo asked me if I was still going to be going to the Slytherin party tonight and I told him I would think about it.

I ended up choosing not to go. I didn't want to see Malachi or Emerson. Instead, I went to the library.

The dimly lit hallways flickered in candlelight as I passed through them. As I entered the quiet library I made my way to the many shelves of books and ran my fingers along the book spines as I looked for the one I wanted.

I began to have a small headache as I sat down but pushed it to the side as I started to read the book.

(Mattheo's pov)

I looked practically everywhere, Theodore was nowhere to be seen. I finally made my way to the library where I found Circe asleep in the corner. "Circe" I whispered lightly, shaking her shoulder.

Her eyes fluttered open and she looked up at me "Mattheo?" She asked quietly

"Yeah?" She seemed off. "Are you ok?"

"I think so, why?"

"Your burning hot and your voice sounds a little different"

"Well I feel fine, except for a headache" She paused for a second "Did you want to talk to me?"

"Uh, yeah. Have you seen Theodore anytime soon?"

"No, why?"

"I can't find him"

Just then Thomas appeared next to me "Trying to find Theodore?"

"Yes"

"He's with Malachi and Emerson"

"With?" I questioned

"More like they have him"

"Then we have to go get him" I replied "Where is-"

Thomas cut me off "We can't save him"

"Why not?"

He looked at Circe, who was still on the floor "If we want him back, we have to give them Circe" He explained "And we can't do that, she's completely powerless right now"

(Thomas's pov)

"Well we can't just leave him there" Mattheo replied, his voice rising in anger

"We can't beat them and we can't give them Circe"

"We can't let Theodore be with them" Circe finally joined the conversation "There's something you are not telling us"

"What do you mean?" I turned to face her

"Malachi and Emerson are smarter than that. They know you would never let them have me, they knew you would tell me, so it's only natural that there's some kind deadline or incentive" She stopped and her face changed "What did they say" It was more of a demand then a question

"They threatened to torture and possibly kill him, '' Mattheo guessed

I glared at him "They wouldn't kill him"

"But they still have him" Circe finished

968 words