Chapter 33

TW: Blood, pain/ torture, mentions of daggers, mentions of death, negitive thoughts

(Still Mattheo's pov)

I helped him over to the wall so he could rest his weight. Thomas came beside me, he looked nervous as he glanced at Theodore. I could barely look at Theodore anymore. His eyes were shut in pain, and his breathing was heavy, black blood covered his lips, chin, and clothing. He screamed in pain as I saw the dagger cut getting bigger and more and more of his veins were turning black. He started crying "Make it stop, please make it stop"

I didn't know what to do, everything in my body felt like it had been shattered after he screamed. I had never seen anything like this, and I had seen a lot of things. I turned to Thomas but he looked no better than I did, he had a horrified look on his face. He stood up and took a few steps back before disappearing. My eyes lingered on where he had just been. He had just left me. I snapped my eyes back to Theodore who was looking at me, eyes watery. "Please" he said weakly before he started choking and coughing out more blood, a second later his eyes closed and his body went limp.

I just looked at him, shocked for a second before I started using every spell that I knew, trying to get him back. Spell after spell, nothing worked... Nothing worked.

Thomas appeared at the door with one of the people with one of the people who helps out in the Hospital Wing. Thomas eyed Theodore as the helper went to check Theodore. "I already tried everything, there's no use" I could feel anger and sadness threatening to take control.

"He's not dead" The helper declared "But he's close" They looked away, not wanting to meet my eyes "I'm sorry, if you already tried everything then there's nothing we could do"

"If there's nothing you can do then leave" Mattheo declared. They nodded once and left.

"I'm sorry Mattheo-" Thomas started quietly

"Don't" I cut him off, shouting "You don't know what it feels like"

"What don't I know?"

"What it feels like to see someone you care about, who isn't your family get hurt, to watch them die" I took a step closer to him "Because you don't care about anything or anyone"

"That's not true" He shook his head "I care about you, I care about Circe"

"You don't care about me" I frowned "And even if you did, I'm family, Circe is family, and I said someone who isn't family"

(Thomas's pov)

Mattheo glared at me through violent crimson eyes, it started to get really hot and I looked down at his hands. There were a couple strings of fire weaving through his fingers. He looked down as well and started twisting his hands around moving his fingers as if playing with the fire in the palm of his hand. He blinked and his eyes were black, the corner of his lips pulled up into a smirk as he looked back up from his hands. I slowly backed away until my back hit the wall. Circe had told me about how his powers had advanced and how he had no control over it, but he had control now, or more like it had control of him. I should have just apparated away but I couldn't, my body refused to move.

He slowly raised his hand up to eye level and let it hover over my neck, it burned very badly, way worse than firewhiskey. I could barely breathe.

Suddenly there was a bright flash of blue-white light. When it stopped I could see Mattheo passed out on the ground and Indu standing by the doorway, an annoyed look on her face. She shook her head and mumbled something under her breath. She looked over at Theodore and went to crouch next to him. I slowly went to stand next to her "There's nothing we can do"