Chapter 9

TW: Drinking, smoking

(Theodore's pov)

"I'm becoming me, and I happen to share characteristics with my brother" She pulled her hand away from me and smirked as she walked away. She was changing, and it wasn't all for the better.

I went back to the Slytherin common room and tried to read for a little bit but my mind kept wandering to Circe. I wondered what she was doing, and what she meant by becoming herself. I put the book down and started pacing, trying to figure it out in my head, asking myself questions I can't possibly answer. I stopped in my tracks when I remembered something. When Circe first told us about how she was hearing the voices, she mentioned something about how she wanted to do all these things but she held herself back from doing them, then Mattheo mentioned something about her other self telling him that her other self was the part she hid inside, it was who she wanted to be. Even if she didn't realize it, she was slowly becoming her other self.

"Theo" Someone shouted my name. I blinked a couple of times, and remembered where I was. I looked towards where the voice had come from to see Mattheo staring at me, looking concerned "You ok?"

"Can I talk to you, in your dorm?"

"Uh... sure" He replied, still sorta confused

He started up the stairs and I followed him up to his dorm. When we got in he closed and locked the door. "So, what did you want to talk to me about?"

I explained to him what I had been thinking about with Circe. I watched as his expression changed from confusion to understanding with a hint of anger. He called Thomas and he explained everything. "The one thing I still don't understand is the voices, how do they tie into this" I asked

"Maybe that person who was in the forest is somehow connected to the forest, what if they are the voices, and they know about Circe and everything we just discussed" Mattheo started "And they want Circe to be like that for some reason"

"So they want us dead because we are the only ones who stand in the way of her changing" Thomas continued

"Either we die or she forgets about us" I stated "That's what she, what we had to choose between"

"The nightmares and the voices just bring her closer and closer to danger" Mattheo added

"But we can't stop this from happening. She needs to sleep and we can't control the voices" I replied

"We can't, but you guys can keep an eye on her" Thomas eyed me and Mattheo

The next day at breakfast, Circe didn't show up so me, Mattheo, and Enzo decided to go looking for her. She wasn't in her dorm, the astronomy tower, or the library. We finally found her in a hallway where not a lot of people go. She was on the floor with her head in her hands. She looked up at us when she heard our footsteps "Leave me alone"

Mattheo went to sit next to her and she tried to get away but he grabbed her wrist and a second later she looked as if she had fallen asleep. We apparated to Circe's dorm, I grabbed Enzo's hand.

Mattheo put Circe on her bed and turned to face us "What did you do to her?" Enzo asked

"I knocked her out" He replied "You two get to class, I have stuff to do"

(Mattheo's pov)

I grabbed a drink and started drinking on Circe's balcony. When I had grabbed Circe's hand I saw something in her mind. It was actually more like I saw nothing, I saw a growing darkness in her, I would be a fool to say that she was the only one I felt darkness in. I felt darkness in myself, I always have, but now I felt it stronger than ever.

An hour later Theo appeared next to me. He stayed silent for a minute "What's on your mind?" He asked finally

"Nothing much"

He stared at me "Tell me what. Is. Wrong?" He pronounced each word with a pause in between each word. He pulled out a cigarette and lit it "I have all day"

"I just feel like there's a darkness, in me, in my whole family"

"There's darkness in most people, even people who you think are pure of heart. Darkness has an mysterious irresistible allure, you can't resist it, you can try to hide that part of yourself, but all your secrets and the things you hide are revealed someday" 

770 words