Chpt 2 - stop lying

Kai's POV -

Jolting awake, I'd completely forgotten that I even fell asleep in the first place. Shaking that useless thought off, that's when I heard a faint heated argument out in the courtyard, strange.

Slowly peaking around the Shoji doors, Lloyd and Nya were arguing with each other, unfortunately I couldn't hear them from this distance. Not wanting to get involved, I'd crouched down, keeping a low profile while also hoping they sort themselves out soon, otherwise I will step in and that's when things will take an ugly turn.

Lloyd's POV -
Clenching my fist tighter than before, I just didn't understand why Nya kept lying to me, saying she knew nothing about Kai's dark performance last night. Baring my teeth at her by this stage, Nya kept her ground also fuming with uncontrollable anger.

"I told you already! Kai's been lying to me too! Every time I try to ask him to tell the truth, another lie spills out on purpose!". Noticing how angry Nya was, that's when I'd realised she was telling the truth.

"Apologises Nya, especially yesterday was your lucky day, look all we can do is keep an eye on Kai and hope he doesn't catch on". I suggested, surprisingly Nya agreed with me. I just hate it has to be like this, all these lies swirling around when Kai could simply tell us the truth and we'll never bother him again.

Kai's POV -
Noticing them agreeing on something, that's when my anger sparked to life again, why now. Silently backing away, something had collied into my back, strangely enough it felt like a....a human. Throwing my body into a spin backwards, Zane was glaring down at me, that's when I'd noticed Cole appearing behind too, great.

"Kai May I ask why are you on the floor spying on Lloyd and Nya?". He queered.

How the hell did Zane know what I was doing! Where they also spying on me? Or perhaps it was a mere coincidence.

"Heey Zane, Cole, I just wanted to make sure uh". Losing words for a perfect lie, I had to come with something and quick. "I wanted to make sure Nya wasn't breaking the training equipment again so I was trying to find her myself". Grinning awkwardly, Cole began shaking his head in disappointment, why what did I do wrong? Did they know I'm lying? No! That can't be it, can it?

"Kai I know you're lying, we had a chat with Lloyd and Nya themselves, informing us both that you were spying on their conversation, there was no need for you to lie". Explained Zane, which only enraged me more.

Forcing my body to stand without balancing myself first, I didn't care anymore, for some reason after their pathetic little dinner they've all been against me, acting like I'm the monster but oh no I'm worse than that. Baring my teeth at Zane, of course he didn't react however Cole returned the most sharpest glare my way. Ignoring him I'd tightly gripped onto Zane's Ninja GI, not caring if my unnaturally overheated body caused him to short circuit.

"Listen here Nindroid, what I do is MY business so stay out of it, tin can!". I shouted in a rage, not knowing it drew a lot of unwanted attention.

Shakily breathing, fist clenched, I barely picked up on the sound of multiple footsteps rushing over to our location. Scoffing to myself, Zane only had an monotonous expression, Cole on the other hand was smirking at me in triumph, how dare he.

"Kai!". Was all I heard from behind, what now? Turning to the voice, unfortunately everyone, including Harumi and Garmadon were here, which made it feel like I was a performance on stage and this was my audience.

"Kai we've been warned by Zane you're body tempter reached a maximum of  45C, are you okay? Can anger outburst?". Questioned Wu, unfortunatelyCole had to open his loud mouth.

"Sensei Kai has been having a lot of anger outburst, he nearly attacked Zane before all of you arrived".

Hearing those words curl out of my Coles lips, infuriated me way beyond redemption that's when it happened, again. Screaming dangerously loud, my entire body enveloped itself in the ONI fire, this time more extreme than last night.

Zane's POV -
Watching Kai psychically envelope himself in a whirlpool of fire, he was definitely more anger than last night performance. Carefully pushing Cole back with one metallic arm, I'd noticed everyone else keeping a safe distance as well, which made me very glad.

Lloyd's POV -
Staring blankly at Kai, this would definitely be bad if he was an ONI because of how much of a hothead he is. Becoming heavily concerned, Garmadon leaned down to whisper to me privately, what now?

"Lloyd distract your friend over there, I'll make sure the ONI fire doesn't break out into an uncontrollable firestorm". Nodding quickly, I silently disappeared into thin air,hoping my Father would be able to control this situation. hoping deep down that we could all apologise to Kai for our misunderstanding, even though my Father keeps talking about  Kai being an ONI, however I know Kai has done this before with his elemental power, meaning my Father is wrong, I hope.

Kai's POV -
Snarling to myself, this whirlwind of fire became uncontrollable which didn't bother me at all, until something unforgettable happened. Crashing my knees into the wooden planks, I threw my hands forward to balance myself, now on all fours there was this unnatural pain growing throughout my entire body. Gasping quietly, it felt as my bottom canines slowly shifted into ONI tusk, not good, why now in front of everyone!

Lowering my head far as possible, my balance started to waver as I slowly lost more control. Ready to abandon all hope, that's when I'd noticed Lloyds Ninja GI come into view, why him of all people.

Noticing him kneel to my level, I kept my face hidden so no one could see the tusk, that was more than visible by now.

"Kai? Listen my Father wants me to distract you so he could do something to get this situation under control, however I only want to apologise, really I mean it".

Huffing to myself, I didn't understand why he had to apologise now, it was too late, I've accepted my fate and the fact that they've all betrayed me! Wanting to react in an aggressive manner, instead I'd tightly gripped onto Lloyd's arms, my breathing becoming harsher than usual.

"Lloyd... I'm sorry for this". Glancing up a little to see Lloyd lifting a confused brow, as I was about to strike, something inhuman smashed against my skull, causing my head to painfully crash onto Lloyd's kneeled legs, thankfully my tusk immediately retracted and the flames died down in an instant, however so did my entire body, it had completely shut down, thank you Garmadon.