Chpt 1 - Why now?!?

Kai's POV -

Head rested on the couch, man it felt good to relax after that whole fight with the crystal army and the Overlord's return, even though it's only been a year since. That's when a thought hit me, glaring at my pale scarred hands, our elemental powers haven't returned yet, rendering us still useless.

"I'm so fed up with losing these damn powers". I muttered angrily to myself, that's when a miracle happened.

Hands bursting into a raging fire, this was amazing! Happily springing to my feet, I began screaming excitedly. Giggling like a little child, Lloyd and Cole came bursting into my room, looking extremely pale and in shock.

"Kai how is your fire back already?". Asked Cole, who was approaching me cautiously.

Staring at the two of them, that was a good question, I didn't even know the answer myself. "I...." Losing words, something didn't feel right, it felt like my heart was boiling hotter than molten lava.

Lloyd's POV -
Lifting a confused brow, Kai completely stopped moving like he froze in time. About to see if he was okay, Cole had already went closer to him.

"Oh god". Was all I heard Cole mutter to himself, which sparked not only curiosity but concern.

"What's wrong Cole?". I asked, becoming deeply concerned, especially everyone went out to rebuild the town, even my father left, which meant if Kai needed help, he won't be able to get any aid.

Glaring deeply at him, Cole was biting the corner of his lip, becoming severely shaken up. "Kai's overheating, his body tempter is worse than usual, Lloyd we need Wu or Garmadon".

Nodding in response, I'd already bolted into the corridor heading straight for our underground lair to see if Pixel was hopefully down there.

Kai's POV -
Gasping shakily something didn't feel right, it felt as my powers were internally boiling my vital organs. Only seeing complete darkness, something or someone was tightly grasping my left wrist. Slowly opening my eyelids, there was a lot of silhouettes surrounding my bedside.

Instinctively throwing my body forward, my throat began to sting like I was about to throw up severely, Unfortunately it did happen. Firmly grasping my bedsheet, I twisted my body to the right in an instant and without any warning it violently erupted out of my throat.

Nya's POV -
More concerned for Kai, all of a sudden he sat straight up and within a second he threw himself to the right and began violently throwing up. Seeing everyone unable to react to this sudden reaction, I instinctively bolted out into the corridor to get him a bucket.

Zane's POV -
Carefully watching Nya bolt out of the door in a hurry, I'd noticed Lloyd was in the corner clenching his fists angrily as Harumi was staring intensely at Kai with heavy concern.

"Lloyd I heard from Cole that Kai was the first to regain his powers, am I correct?". Seeing Lloyd glare at me it was not a pleasant kind of stare. "Yeah and?". Sighing, this will be hard to explain to them but it has to be done, otherwise they will never know. "Kai... he's"lost for words, Jay came out of nowhere and started shaking my shoulders violently. "What's wrong with him Zane!". Unable to keep direct eye contact with any of the Ninja or Wu himself, this was difficult even for a nindroid. "Well From my technical readings and scans on Kai , he's transforming into something inhumane, causing these violent reactions and that's also the reason why he's managed to get his powers back before any of us, not including Lloyd or Wu".

Hearing no surprised gasp , it was completely silent which was concerning. Looking at them individually, Jay seemed to have gone blank in all expressions, Lloyd was infuriated, Harumi was acting suspicious, especially the way she kept muttering to herself, Cole seemed the most concern, same with Wu, yet at my answer Wu stormed out in a rush.