Part 47

Aly's

It is already 3 in the morning but I am still wide awake.

It's been a week since Bang broke up with me, the night that had turned my life upside down. Then, yesterday, I saw her again with Ara.

And it still hurts that we are now over, but what hurts the most is the fact that she had already moved on in just a week.

.

.

.

.

And yesterday... when Den... when Den had told me about her feelings for me...

"Kasi mahal kita!" she shouted.

"Oo, mahal kita! Matagal na! Ah, hindi! Sobrang tagal na! I was there listening to your stories even it hurt like fucking hell!"

"When you and that girl became a couple, I was there, pretending to be smiling and happy for you. Kahit na ang totoo, gusto kong sabihing ako na lang! Na sana ako na lang!"

"...Those times na nangako ka saking tayo ang magkasama but suddenly leave me kasi kailangan ka niya, do you have any idea how it fucking crushed my heart?!"

"On my birthday... you left me on my birthday to be with her... alam mo ba kung ga'no yun kasakit? That I wanna clutch on to you and beg you to stay even just on that day?... but I didn't... cause as much as it hurts... I know she is your happiness and I am just your best friend."

It still echos and alive in my mind.

I can feel my eyes burning with tears again.

Den is the one who was always there listening to all my grudges and worries no matter how late it is. The one who tolerates my stubbornness, the one who always offers her shoulder when I am sad, and the one who knows me way better than anyone else.

She is my confidant, my companion, my rock and my conscious.

But how things turned out like this, Den?

I went to her bed and lie down. I hugged one of her pillows,

I'm sorry that I had hurt you... I am so sorry that I was so insensitive... that I didn't know I am the one who's causing your pain...

How did I not see it?

Another tear fell which once again opens the floodgate of more tears.

I miss you, Den...

...

"Aly... Aly..." I heard someone calls from the door. I reluctantly opened my eyes.

Sobrang bigat ng mata ko at sobrang bigat din ng katawan ko.

"Hmmm?" I answered. Hopefully, whoever it is on the other side would hear it.

"Aly, it is already 5. Are you going to attend practice?"

I looked for my phone with my hand. Then, I remembered that I am at Den's bed. Pag tingin ko sa kama ko, andun pala yung phone ko.

"Hey, Aly?" another call, but I think I already know who it is, it is Ella, "are you decent? Can I come in?"

"Yeah." I answered enthusiastically and laid my head again on Den's pillow

"Hey..." Ella's face popped in the door.

When she saw me not getting up, she walks towards me and sat at my side.

"Come on, Ly. We're gonna be late." she said rubbing my back.