UD 6.

Bang's.

 10 minutes before 4. Too early for afternoon training, saan na naman kaya ko tatambay nito? Hayy, hindi naman ako pwede magpakalat kalat dito sa campus, baka ma-timing-an pa ko ng mga prof.

I went straight to the gym, to the locker room and then changed clothes. I began doing exercises sa may corner until isa isa ng dumating yun mga teammates ko.

Someone tapped my shoulder, “Hey, aga a?” It was Mands, my best friend.  I didn’t answer, for sure may litanya na naman yan mamaya.

When they came back from the locker, Amanda stands beside me and started stretching.

"I haven't seen you the whole day ah. Were you that busy?...Or hindi ka na naman pumasok?", she started.

 "Late na rin naman kasi ako kaya hindi na ko pumasok.", I explained but not stopping from what I am doing to even look at her. I know that she'll just remind me on how important my study is.

 “Hayyy…I know what you’re thinking. But you know that I just care about you, right?”

 I stood up as well as Mands, dumating na kasi si coach kaya pupunta na kami sa center para mag umpisa na yun proper training. “Of course. Don’t worry papasok naman ako bukas. Nakita ko kasi si Valdez sa SM kaya nagtuloy tuloy na yun hindi ko pagpasok the whole day.”

“Valdez?”

“The player from Ateneo, yun bago.”, she nods.

“Yeah, I think I know her.”

“She’s gonna be a great player, you know. “ 

“Why does it sound like you’re really sure about it?” 

“Because I am sure.”, I winked at her and the practice started. 

After 3 hours of exhausting training, we all went to the locker to take shower and change. 

I took my phone and look at it. Should I text her? Nakarating kaya ng safe yun? Hayy, bukas na nga lang baka asarin na naman  ako ng kung ano-ano nun e. 

“Hoy!”, Ate Pau snapped in my face. I looked at her and smiled then placed my phone back to my bag.

 “Are you waiting for someone to text you?”, she didn’t even waited for me to reply, “Ayiii…”, she said poking my side.

 “Hindi. Tinignan ko lang baka low batt na ko.”

 “Nice alibi. Oh sya tara na…magtetext din yun.”, she smiled at me while bumping her hips into mine.

 “Pssh. Kulit mo.”

At our dorm (I and Amanda are sharing room)…

 “Oh, Bang …will you stop now talking about that Alyssa? You’ve been talking about her since we got here. ”, she complained as she placed her hands on her ears and looked at the ceiling.

 “Exaggerated ka.”, she looked at me, furrowed brow.

 “Exaggerated?? It is what?”, she looked at the clock, “see, it’s already 10 pm and you’re still not stopping from saying, ‘Hay, magaling pala talaga yun maglaro e.’, ‘Grabe, imagine, dalawang sports tapos dean’s lister?’…at ano pa ba?”, she stopped and recall what I have told her, “ahh, ‘gani’, grabe Bang, ilang beses mo nabanggit yun tapos tatawa ka pa ng malakas! Tapos yun, ano yun? ‘ampotpot’? God, I don’t even know what’s funny with that.”

 I throw a pillow, straight to her face. ”Shut up, Mands! Oo na, sige na, matulog ka na.”

  “Oh, finally!”, she raised her hands up in the air.