Chapter Nineteen

CHAPTER NINETEEN
THE RULES OF LORENZO
NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK

CHAPTER NINETEEN THE RULES OF LORENZONEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK

He asked me on a date.

He put his number in my phone so he could ask me out to dinner. When he asked, I was astonished. The only person I've been on a date with was my ex-boyfriend, he was the only one.

For the rest of the day, I made myself look pretty. For the first time, I straightened my hair for a boy and Kiana gave me some skirts that I could wear to capture his attention. I couldn't lie, they were short but she said skirts were supposed to be the size of a belt. After running my hands through my dark hair, my heels tap against the floor as I walk to the kitchen, rummaging through my purse. My mind constantly replayed Ryan's words constantly. It had been a while since I had gone on a date and for some reason, I felt like I was betraying Akio even though we weren't together anymore.

Just then, there was a knock on the door and I yelled a small "I'm coming," before opening it. I was met with Lorenzo's green eyes as he placed his hands on the frame, supporting his weight. The inside of my mouth watered, and I didn't understand how he was able to look so good all the time.

"Kiana isn't here. She's at the library studying," I said, taking a few steps back as he entered, closing the door behind him.

"I know, I'm here to return this," He lifted a pair of her panties, and my shoulders subtly dropped. "Until she gets back, I'll make myself comfortable,"

"What are you two doing tonight?" I find myself asking, only earning a smirk from him. "Aren't you curious, Butterfly?"

I ignored him, pressing my lips together as he ran his eyes up and down my attire. I noticed the way his gaze stayed on my legs and how his tongue slid across his bottom lip. Before he could state his nasty opinion, I walked back toward my purse and sent a text to Ryan.

Suddenly, the hairs on my neck stand up as I feel someone pull the back of my short skirt down harshly, making sure it covered my ass. When I realized it was Lorenzo, my body tensed up and I focus my attention on my nails. An away silence surrounded us and I practically cringe at the tension between the two of us.

"That skirt is hiding nothing," He finally said. His other hand was pressed on my hip and my body shivered under his touch.

"Why does it matter?" I asked, turning around and leaning my back on the island. His green emeralds clashed with my dark eyes and my breath hitched in the back of my throat.

"Because your entire ass is out," He said, his eyebrows furrowing together with confusion. I rolled my eyes, turned my head, and looked at my makeup through my compact mirror.

"Don't roll your eyes at me," Lorenzo said, grabbing my attention once again. A scoff escaped from me before I placed my hands on my hips and tilted my head to the side, playfully. "Annoying asshole,"