Chapter Forty Five

CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE
THE RULES OF LORENZO
SAVANNAH, GEORGIA

CHAPTER FORTY-FIVETHE RULES OF LORENZOSAVANNAH, GEORGIA

Dinner was fun.

I smiled as my attention turned to Selina and her family. Ricardo as placing gentle kisses on her neck while she giggled, and pushed him away. A smile appeared on his face before he turned his head to Santiago who sat on his lap. Gabriela sat in her high chair playing with the apple sauce she had been given. They looked like the perfect family and I believed one day I would have something like that for myself.

Lorenzo sat across from me and it seemed like his green eyes were always on me. I didn't want to look at him, I was still so upset about everything that happened so I pretended as if I couldn't feel him looking at me.

His aunt Jasmine and her husband sat down for dinner too and even though I had never really met them before, they gifted me some tulips. His parents gave me a couple of Moroccan scarves and I just knew they must have cost a fortune. I also received a bunch of other gifts from Toni and Tasha. Axel also gave me a bracelet with charms on it.

After Dinner, I listened to Selina play the piano in the formal living room. I smiled, leaning against the door frame while sipping my hot cocoa. She sang with her entire heart out and her voice was truly a gift. I found myself admiring her. She was so confident and inspiring, I only wished I could be like her.

"I'll be home for Christmas. You can count on me. Please have snow and mistletoe. And presents under the tree. Christmas Eve will find me where the love light gleams." She closed her eyes, letting her fingers naturally move across the keys. My eyes moved over to Ricardo who smiled softly to himself, and not once did his eyes move away from his wife. My heart tingled with warmth, they were so in love and I only wished that for myself.

"I'll be home for Christmas. If only in my dreams. I'll be home for Christmas. You can count on me. Please have snow and mistletoe. And presents under the tree. Christmas Eve will find me where the love light gleams. I'll be home for Christmas. If only in my dreams," She hit one last high note and held it for a couple of seconds.

Ricardo sat down next to her on the piano bench and pecked her forehead. Her cheeks turned bright red and she placed her hand on his chest.

"Te ves tan bien con esta luz," He whispered, moving her dark strands out of her face. (You look so good in this light).

She narrowed her eyes playfully and tilted her head to the side. "¿Así que no me veo bien bajo cualquier otra luz?"

(So I don't look good in every other light?)

He chuckled, throwing his head back. "Your Spanish is getting better,"

"Well thankfully, I have the best teacher." She mumbled, focusing her attention back on the piano. "It's almost time for you know what,"