Chapter Twenty Three

CHAPTER TWENTY THREE
THE RULES OF LORENZO
NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK

CHAPTER TWENTY THREE THE RULES OF LORENZONEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK

I turned around, and green emeralds clashed with my dark eyes. Instantly, my throat tightened and I slowly began to panic. I didn't understand why he was talking to me in this setting, anyone could walk outside to the garden and see us.

"You've been avoiding me," He said, placing his hands inside his pockets. His lips formed a straight line. "Did I do something wrong?"

I found it harder and harder to resist him but I knew I had to stop whatever was going on between us. I already have so many rumors floating around school, I didn't want people to think I got involved with my best friend's ex-fling. Hopefully, If I just walked away, he would get the memo and leave us be.

"U-Um," I whispered, looking down at my nails. "I should get back," As I moved past him and headed towards the door, he grabbed my forearm stopping my movements.

"Don't," He said, making a shiver travel throughout my body. "Don't walk away from us,"

My entire body wanted to stay here with him where it was only the two of us. God, I wanted to always be where he was. But I knew, I didn't have it in me to hurt Kiana. I couldn't do that to her after everything she's done for me.

"What happened that night can't happen again," I said, feeling my eyes grow blurry. "If you can't pretend to hate me, fine but you have to forget about me,"

Lorenzo chuckled and I subtly squeezed my thighs together. "I can't,"

"You have to,"

"I can't,"

"Lorenzo,"

"Don't you think I've tried?" He whispered aggressively, soon lowering his voice as people passed us. He trapped me in between him and the fence, placing his hands on both sides of my hips, and flexing his jaw.

"You're not fucking easy to forget, sweetheart," Lorenzo whispered, his eyes moving down to my lips before he flushed his body against mine. At that moment, I was unable to speak. All I was thinking about was spending a night with him, possibly even losing my virginity to Lorenzo. We could still hear the music from the Gala, and aside from our heavy breathing, that was the only thing audible.

"Dance with me," He said softly, pulling his hand out. Even though I desperately wanted to touch him and feel his skin against mine, I knew I had to decline.
I frowned, shaking my head and looking around subtly.

"I have to go," I said, trying to push him away from me. He shook his head, I could tell he was getting frustrated.

"If you go out there," He said, resting his hands on my hips. As he pulled my dress up, he rubbed his finger against my lacy panties, brushing his lips against mine.

"I'll let everyone know right then and there, you belong to me,"

You belong to me.

I didn't want to admit it but those words affected me. Even though they were people working around us, carrying food and drinks to the reception, we seemed to be the only ones in the hallway. Even after making Akio my boyfriend, he never claimed me like Lorenzo just did. For some reason, I found myself satisfied knowing that I was his but I knew I couldn't get comfortable.