Chapter Twenty One

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE
THE RULES OF LORENZO
NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK

"I can't believe she wants you to move in just like that," Kiana mumbled while looking at herself through her compact mirror

"I can't believe she wants you to move in just like that," Kiana mumbled while looking at herself through her compact mirror. The next day, we walked to the dining hall, something that we didn't quite do often. Sakura called me a few hours ago, offering me my bedroom if I wanted it. Not once did she apologize for throwing me out, not once.

"Yeah," I said, running my hands through my hair. My mind was racing, and I was constantly dealing with headaches. Just then, Kiana's attention landed on another girl who walked past. "Sarah! I've literally been looking for you everywhere. We need to work on the history project,"

"Okay, why don't we go to the library? Are you free right now?"

"Yes," Kiana said, making my lips form a small pout. She and Sarah walked off while continuing to talk about their project, and she never looked back at me.

"Okay, I'll just catch you later," After I walked into the dining hall, I grabbed some pancakes and orange juice before making my way to an empty table. I've grown to love sitting by myself. At first, It was quite boring but now, I realized I have to be comfortable being—

"You know you don't have to sit alone, right?"

I looked up, spotting a girl staring down at me. "My friends saw you alone and we figured you may want some company. You're welcome to join us. I'm Enid,"

"Raquel," I smiled, before grabbing my stuff and following her to the table. There, I was united with a few more people around my age. "Hey everyone, I'm Raquel,"

"A female," One of the guys said, nervously rubbing the back of his head. "You look familiar,"

"Mathew this is not the time to be your usual weird freak. I'm Elijah: the handsome genius," The second guy smirked, making me awkwardly smile.

"Oh fuck off," The last guy cringed.

"Don't be jealous that all the girls love me," Elijah said.

"Whatever. I'm Conrad,"

"I wonder if mirrors work in outer space," One of the girls asked, looking outside the large windows. We all look at her with confusion evident on our faces.

"This is Iris," Mathew whispered. "She.... our lovely Iris,"

"You guys know where I can get some ballet slippers," Conrad asked, earning an eye roll from Enid.

"Why would you need ballet slippers?" She narrowed her eyes while eating some of her lunch. "Because I signed up for Ballet. One room filled with girls, if you get what putting down," Conrad smirked, rubbing his hands together.

"I see what's going on. You want a little girlfriend. News flash, that's impossible," Enid assured, flipping her blonde hair over her shoulder