Chapter 24

Lisa

I let out a low whistle. "I think that's one of the wildest Fridays I've had in a long time." I joke, stuffing my hands in the front pockets of my jeans as Jennie and I walk out of the library together.

Jennie laughs, pulling her phone out of her back pocket and typing out a quick text.

Our first study session went really well, aside from the whole scar situation. I actually ended up learning a lot, Jennie putting concepts in perspective for me by using my own body as an example and transferring figures to my own arm.

"So are you going to keep the party going?" she asks, stuffing her phone back into her pocket.

I shrug. "Dunno. Why, you got something in mind?" I smile.

She laughs, and just as she's about to answer, a black Chevy Equinox pulling up to the curb steals her attention. The passenger side window rolls down and her mom comes into view.

"Hi, Lisa." she greets me, giving a wave.

I walk Jennie over to her car. "Hi, Mrs. Kim. How are you?"

"Good. Did you kids have fun? Well, as much fun as you can have while studying."

I chuckle. "Yeah, Jennie's a great teacher." I say, shooting Jennie a smile, making her blush.

"Any plans for the weekend?" Mrs. Kim asks, making small talk.

"Not really, just football."

"Any big plans for tonight?" Jennie asks.

"Not really, no." I admit. There's probably some sort of party going on, but I've been there, done that a hundred times.

"Well, if you want, dad is firing up the grill tonight and there will be more than enough food." she says, almost nervous.

"Oh, what a wonderful idea!" her mother says, beaming from the car.

"Are you sure?" I ask Jennie.

"Yeah. You must be sick of eating cruddy campus food all the time."

"You've got that right." I say.

"Perfect! I just have to make a quick grocery run before I go home. I don't know if you kids want to run with me or..." Mrs. Kim trails off.

"That's okay." I say. "I can drive us separately so you can get your shopping done, Mrs. Kim."

"Are you sure you don't mind?" she asks, looking guilty.

"Positive." I smile.

"We'll meet you at the home, mum." Jennie says, waving goodbye to her mother.

When the car pulls away, I lead Jennie across campus to the parking lot where we hop into Hoony's truck.