Chapter 65

Lisa

I walk into the science building, grinning from cheek to cheek, nothing is able to sour my good mood. I take a left down the hallway lined with the professors' offices, taking a seat on the bench closest to Mrs. Lee's office.

Five minutes later, I hear a door creek open and Jennie's melodic, cheerful voice floats down the hall as she bids Mrs. Lee goodbye and wishes her a good break. She slips out into the hall, her face breaking into a grin as soon as she spots me, with a slight skip in her step.

I stand from the bench, extending my hand out to her, reeling her in as soon as her hand lands in mine. Our chests press together and she stands on her tippy toes, winding her arms around my neck before moulding her mouth to mine.

I smile into the kiss, gripping her hips and pulling her that much closer. "Hi."

She leans back, her face absolutely glowing and eyes shining with happiness. "Hi. Ready to go grab lunch?"

"Mhmm."

I peck her lips a few more times before pulling away, grabbing her hand and threading our fingers together, leading her down the hall. Her opposite hand curls around my triceps, her head resting against my bicep as we walk out of the science building and into the chilly December air.

"How did the final go?" I ask as we walk across campus.

"Good. Everyone passed and left me a good review for Mrs. Lee."

"That's great, baby." I state, kissing the top of her head.

"Yeah, I'm just glad everyone passed." She sighs in relief, knowing that it will reflect well on her and prove her teaching capabilities.

I hum in acknowledgement, happy for her. "Of course they would with you as their TA."

She gives me a grateful smile, planting a delicate kiss to my arm, making my heart melt.

"How are you feeling?" I ask softly, changing the subject, my thumb rubbing circles into the back of her hand.

She looks up at me with confusion, a small knot forming between her brows.

"After last night." I clarify.

"Oh..." Her eyes light with realisation. "Uh... good." she says, suddenly becoming shy.

I can't help the smile that tugs at my lips, finding her so adorable.

She clears her throat, desperate to change topics. "How was your morning?"

I refrain from making a crude joke about missing and only thinking about her while she was gone.

"Good. Really good, actually." I admit, breathing out an airy chuckle, an uncontrollable, goofy smile making its way onto my lips. After I got up and got ready, good news upon good news just fell into my lap this morning.

"A lot happened while you were gone."

She arches a brow, a curious smile teasing her lips. "Oh?"

"Mhmm. I'll tell you over lunch."

She continues walking towards the school's cafeteria, her body jerking and stumbling backwards, her hand still in mine when I unexpectedly turn right, heading towards the parking lot.

She lets out a little noise of surprise. "Where are you going?"

"To get some real food." I state.

After the waitress leaves our table to go fill our orders, Jennie scoots forward in her seat, crossing her arms over the table top. "Well, what's your good news?" she asks, bouncing with excitement and interest.