Chapter 60

Lisa

As soon as the door closes with a soft click, I lose it. Beyond frustrated, feeling utterly hopeless, I kick the nearest stool, sending it toppling over with a loud bang.

I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket and I grab it, glancing at the incoming call from Bambam. I hit the ignore button and shove my phone back into my pocket, not in the mood or mental state to talk to anyone right now. With my heart pounding, I race back to my room, immediately rifling through my hamper. I tear each piece of clothing out one by one, not finding my black hoodie that should be in there.

"Fuck!" I spit, kicking the plastic hamper.

My phone keeps buzzing in my pocket, pissing me off further. I grab it out of my pocket and throw it at the wall out of blind anger.

Taking a seat on the edge of my bed, I try to even out my breathing, calm my nerves, but I make the mistake of glancing up at my alarm clock that's still dead, taunting me, absolutely sending me over the edge. I pick up the dead clock and throw it as hard as I can at the back of the door with a scream.

Restless and breathing heavily, I snatch up my keys and pick up my phone from the floor, ignoring the large crack in the screen now. I hop on my bike and zoom five minutes down the road to an all too familiar apartment complex.

My tires squeal when I slam on the breaks, fishtailing a bit as I haphazardly pull into the nearest parking spot. I jump off my bike and march up to Somi's door, pounding my fist against the wood.

Nothing.

I pound again persistently.

Silence.

"Damn it!" I seethe. She must have already gone home for the break.

I snatch my phone out of my pocket again, ignoring all the missed calls and texts from Bambam, and go to my contacts, clicking on a name I thought I'd never call again.

Somi picks up on the fifth ring, more than likely purposefully making me wait.

"Hey, Lisa." I hear the smugness in her voice. "Long time no chit chat."

"How the fuck did you get my hoodie!?" I practically growl.

"Whatever do you mean?" she ask, feigning innocents.

I clinch my jaw, not in the fucking mood to play games with her. "You pulled the fire alarm and snuck into my room, didn't you!?" I accuse.

"No." she says simply, eerily calm and nonchalant.

"Do you think I'm fucking stupid, Somi!?" I seethe. "I know that it was you who pulled the fire alarm and messed with my alarms!"

"Do you really think I'm that stupid, Lisa?" she says, her voice condescending. "Pulling a fire alarm can get you expelled if caught. But I guess you are not smart enough to know that. I'm honestly kind of surprised you still haven't figured it out yet."

Something in her tone makes me feel very uneasy.

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean?"

She lets out the tiniest noise of indifference. "Have a good break, Lisa. See you next semester."

The line goes dead.

I pull the phone away from my ear, staring at it, dumbfounded and fuming.

Not even three second later, my phone lights up with another incoming call from Bambam.

"What!?" I snap, finally picking up his call.

"Dude, they know who pulled the fire alarm."