Chapter 8

Noah walked to literacy as he saw his teacher, miss peters "good morning, miss peters" he said.

She turned in surprise as she saw Noah "oh, mister evens, where have you been" she asked, "why what's the problem" he asked, "come here, mister evens" she said.

Noah walked closer to his teacher "do you not know how long you have been gone for" she asked, "no I thought it was only a few days, ma'am, and my last name isn't evens; that's just a fake last name, mom put me under" he said, "okay well it was a month or more that you missed so we had to close your file and give your spot to another kid" she sad.

Noah's eyes grew in shock "what, but it was only a few days; how could it be a few months" he asked, "I'm sorry, mister evens, please remove yourself from the premises" she said.

Noah then walked out of the classroom and saw Derek; he was alone with all his equipment "Derek," Noah said.

Derek looked in his direction and smiled "Noah! Where the fuck have you been" Derek asked, "woah, hold on, how long have I been gone for" Noah asked, "few weeks, days maybe" Derek said, "then why did my teacher say I was gone for a few months" Noah asked, "they just do that to kids like you get rid of the bad and replace it with a good kid" Derek said. "Well, what am I supposed to do if I can't go back os school" Noah aske, "I don't know, but what's been going on with you? Why have you been gone for so long," Derek asked, "my dad showed up and decided to play dad again fucking dad," Noah said, "you still hate him, don't you" Derek asked, "yeah I do he may be my dad, but I still don't forgive him or my uncle, so I'm trying to play nice with him" Noah said. "Haha, well, you were always a good actor, Noah, so you want to do some last-time training to get the anger out, then you can use my phone to call home," Derek said, "sure, I don't know if my dad is home," Noah said, "okay well I'll give you a ride home then," Derek said.

Noah's smiled "now get that fencing gear on," Derek said.

Noah nodded as he put the fencing gear on and started to fence his teacher for a little bit, then went to shooting down targets until Noah was on the ground breathing in and out "are you okay" Derek asked, "yeah I just haven't felt that alive in a long time it's just the best" Noah said, "haha that's good here's my phone" Derek said.

Noah looked up at him "can I go for a quick run and then call my parent" Noah asked, "of course, you can, buddy" Derek said.

Noah then started to run around the school a few good times before he fell to the ground next to Derek "better?" Derek asked, "much better, okay, hand me your phone," Noah said.

Derek nodded as he handed Noah the phone; he inputted his home phone number; it rang for a few minutes, but no one answered "no one answered," Noah said, "okay, come on, I'll give you alight back to your place" Derek said. 

Noah followed Derek to his car and got in the back "okay, you know the address" he asked, "yeah, cherry Ln" Noah said, "Okay," Derek said.

Derek then started the car up as the school was out of his sight "where will I go now? Mom is going to kill me," Noah said, "no, she won't I'll tell her the situation," Derek said, "Okay, thank you, Derek, your the best teacher I've ever had," Noah said, "I know, hehe," Derek said.

Derek then drove for a little bit until he stopped at the last house on the block; as he parked his car next to a blue truck, "that's not your mom's, is it?" Derek asked, "no, it's my stupid dad's," Noah said.

Noah got out of the car as Derek walked next to him "don't worry, I'm here for you" Derek said, "thanks, Derek" Noah said.

Derek knocked on the front door; jowl opened up and stared at the man known as Derek "stone" jowl growled, "bloody knight" Derek said, "Derek, what's going on? Do you know my dad" Noah asked?