At Sammy's House

Hey, my name is Jack. I'm 15 years old. I was a bedwetter up until the age of 8. When I was 8, my parents got me one of these alarms. It took 2 months, but eventually I was dry. It was my proudest achievement. I do still dribble a bit, but it wasn't a big deal. I did have one setback, and this is the story.

When I was 13, my parents had to go cross country for 10 days. Being that it was the last week of school, I was left behind. I was staying by my good friend Sammy's house. I was very excited, especially because he had a pool and I love swimming.

I got there Sunday morning, and begged to go swimming right away. I was told to first unpack my suitcase, so there was no clutter. I unpacked my suitcase, put everything straight inside the drawers. As I finished, I realized that I forgot my bathing suit. I asked Sammy what to do and he told me to just go in my underwear. I was a bit shy, so he told me that he'll also wear his underwear swimming. His brother Jacob, who was 11, followed along.

It was a funny sight, as the 3 of us ran through the house. Sammy in his blue, fruit of the loom briefs, Jacob in his pure snow white, hanes briefs, and me in my slightly yellowed white briefs. We had a lot of fun. When we were finished, we changed. Then we hung up our underwear on the clothesline to dry in the sun.

After lunch, Sammy's mother pulled me aside. "I noticed that your underwear had some pee stains, do you have accidents"? Embarrassed I told her that I used to wet the bed, but the discoloration in my tighty-whities was from small dribbles. She asked when the last time I wet the bed was. I told that I was dry for almost 5 years. She then asked if she can put a protective mattress pad on my bed, as a just in case. "You see, a lot of bedwetters end up having accidents when they sleep in a new place". I turned red from embarrassment but whispered that it was fine. "Don't worry, it's our secret, no one else will know", she said. I nodded and left.

When I got back to our room, Sammy and Jacob were very curious what that was about. They were begging me to tell them what happened. Finally I lied and said that she was confirming what foods I'm allergic to. Thankfully they bought it.

We played "risk" right up until suppertime. During supper, Sammy's mother told his 5 year old brother, Tommy, "after supper, it's bathroom and pajama time". "And don't forget to put on a pullup". When Tommy left the table, Jacob turned to me and said "Tommy is still a bedwetting baby and needs pullups". "Although he just switched out of diapers, so he needs reminders".

At 10 o'clock, we decided to go to sleep. Jacob said that he was just going to sleep in his underwear. I seconded the notion, as it was hot, and just climbed into bed in my briefs. While Sammy insisted on putting on pajamas. I asked him why, "I already saw your tighty-whities". He just said because and left to go to the bathroom.

I went to bed really happy, thinking about all the fun we had in the pool. It was truly a great experience that I wished it could've lasted. The problem was that when I woke up around 2 o'clock, it seemed as the experience had continued. As I had soaked my tighty-whities and the bed.

Not 100% sure of what to do first, I knocked on Sammy's mother's door. After 2 minutes, she came out. Immediately, she noticed my wet briefs. "Oh you poor thing", she said. "Come", she took me by the hand and led me back to the room and started to change the linens. "It's a good thing I put on the waterproof mattress pad", she said.

As we were cleaning up the bed, Sammy and Jacob both woke up from the noise. "What happened", they asked. "Jack had a bedwetting accident", she said. Sammy looked relieved, while Jacob smiled a little. "Now that you're up, you're going to help", she said. We all worked together to remake the bed.

When we were finished, I went to the drawer to take out a new pair of underwear, when Sammy's mother stopped me. "Sammy, can you give Jack one of your goodnites", she said. I had no idea what she was talking about, as I saw Sammy turn red. He went to the closet and returned with one. "Sammy wets the bed", she said. "He wears goodnites, which are pullups for older boys". "I think you should wear them while you're here, especially since you have a history with accidents". As much as I wanted to argue, I was standing in pee soaked briefs. I took it, and went to the bathroom to change. When I returned to the room, Sammy's mother said that they're a bit tight, but they will do for tonight and she'll pick something up tomorrow.

We all went back to bed. I asked Sammy about the bedwetting. He said that he always wet the bed, but Jacob just recently stopped. I told him about my experience and how the alarm helped me stop. Finally we drifted off to sleep.

This time I was woken up by Tommy. He wanted to play with us. Forgetting what I was wearing, I just pulled off my blanket, exposing a wet goodnite. "Why are you wearing pullups", he asked. Jacob interjected and told him about my accident. He thought it was so funny.

I went to school that day and forgot all about the accident. That was until we got home and there was a package of XL goodnites on my bed with a note. "Jack, I think these will fit you better than Sammy's as they are a size up". "Please try them on right away, and then show me how it fits". "If they don't fit, I want to get something else for tonight". Embarrased, I took one out of the package and tried it on. It fit perfectly.

I wore them every night, and woke up wet. Sammy and I became closer friends as we shared a problem. Thankfully, the setback wasn't too long and I was back in underwear before the calendar turned. And I searched and searched until I found my old alarm. I gave it to Sammy and he was completely dry after 2 weeks of using it.