Chapter 3- Going Home

Lore met Shoto at the door. His heterochromatic brows were pulled down with unspoken concern. He had never been expressive with his inner thoughts, so she rubbed his elbow comfortingly. 

"What's wrong Sho?"

Since they were in the privacy of his private elevator, she knew he wouldn't mind her calling him by that informal name. 

He looked uncomfortable as he said, "Your outfit. It's torn."

"HUH!?"

Lore twisted around to try and see the tear. She began going in circles trying to get a better sight of how bad it was. He let her do about four full turns before he grasped her shoulders. 

"Stop. You'll make yourself sick."

"But Sho! How bad is it?"

He glanced down at her slightly bare butt, and his eyes instantly left her skin. "It's..not good."

Lore groaned loudly and placed her hand over the tear. "I did not need this today. I guess I'll just staple or tape it closed."

She was planning on how to sew it closed at home when Shoto asked, "What did Bakugo want?"

"Huh? Oh yeah! You guys went to UA together, right?"

Shoto grunted which was uncharacteristic for the stuffy rich boy. Lore giggled getting her a confused look from the cold man. 

"Sorry," she coughed a few times to try and control her laughter. "It was just funny to hear you grunt at me. From Bakugo, I'd expect it. But from...you? I didn't think you had it in you." To make sure he understood she was teasing, she bumped him with her shoulder. 

He still looked a little lost, but at least he wasn't upset. "How do you know Bakugo?"

"I actually met him last night when I was out with Ginger."

Shoto smiled for the first time today. "The way you say her name, that's funny."

Lore rolled her eyes playfully. "She's truly dreadful."

"Then why do you still see her?" 

The elevator dinged to a graceful stop, and the two of them walked out into the agency's hub. As they walked she explained, "Honestly I don't know. It's like all that mean stuff she's said over the years has sunk into my psyche, and I feel like a crappy person. I don't have a lot of friends, so I almost feel obligated to answer when she calls."

"You'd be better off without her," Shoto stated frankly. 

Lore rubbed the back of her neck. It was still disastrously tight from last night's unplanned shenanigans. "I know Shoto."

He noticed her pain. "Is your neck okay?"

"Yeah. I pushed my quirk a little far last night, and I slept here at the agency since I had an appointment in the morning. I swear the beds we have here are simply not that comfy."

Shoto frowned as he reminded her, "Lore. That's 6 days straight you've slept here. You need to go home."

She waved away his concern as they reached a hallway. "It's okay Sho. My plants don't mind me being gone. I overwater them anywho!"

She reached her destination and knocked on the door softly. "Enter!"

At the booming shout, Lore cracked open the door to see Enji sitting criss-cross applesauce on the ground. He had a book in his hands. She couldn't see what the title was, but he seemed to be enjoying it since he didn't even look up when she came in.