Chapter- 39 Homes

Bakugo sat in his chair and glared at Lore for the lamillionth time. The door clicked shut behind him as their new realtor stepped out giving him the chance to growl, "Are you fucking kidding me right now?"

She gaped at him, "What?! This is an excellent plan!"

"But him of all people? He's so fucking...cheery."

"You know, to most people that's a compliment," she giggled. Lore put her hand over Bakugo's on her thigh. "Baby, he's one of the few people in this world who is not offended by your incredibly aggressive form of honesty, and we both know you're going to despise 90% of all the houses anyone would dare show us."

"I literally cannot stand his face."

"Is it because he looks like the Fallout guy?"

Bakugo sneered at her in confusion. "What?"

"He looks exactly like the Fallout franchise logo guy!"

Neither of them got to continue that particular conversation because The-Very-Merry Mirio Togota bounded back into the room. After losing his quirk all those years ago, Mirio put his beautiful personability skills to use by becoming the hero agency's number one real estate contractor. Even if he couldn't become a hero himself due to losing his quirk, he still helped heroes every day by finding them new properties for their agencies. Plus he dabbled in civilian rehousing by helping people who lost their homes to villain attacks find new housing options.

"Oki doki!" At his chirping voice, Bakugo rolled his eyes closed in annoyance while Lore just smiled back brightly. "I've compiled a list of possible homes you both will like! I'm sorry if they aren't exactly what you're looking for. It's been a very long time since I looked into single-family residencies like this."

Lore waved him away before beaming, "Mirio, we seriously cannot thank you enough for doing this for us. I know it's not your typical type of real estate, so it means a lot that you took us on."

When Bakugo just grunted, the two cheerful people ignored him. 

Mirio gave her his signature smile and gushed, "Are you kidding me? I love helping you out Lorna! It's been so long since I saw you last. Nejire was talking about you just the other day." His brows rose as he asked, "Speaking of! Are you going to meet us at this year's Hero Gala next month?"

She flipped through the pages of homes he handed her and nodded distractedly. "Yep! You know I can't leave Enji alone with the investors."

The papers were ripped from her hands, and she gawked over at Bakugo who was once again alive and a part of the conversation. Smoke was coming from his hand as he boomed, "Excuse me!? Why the fuck is my girlfriend going to the fucking Gala with Endeavor and not me?!"

"Because I've gone for the past 3 years as Enji's date. Besides, my name is literally on the registry," she snapped as she snatched the papers back. 

Unsatisfied with her answer, he grabbed ahold of the papers, but she didn't release them this time. "Do not rip these papers Katsuki!"

"Fuck the registry! You're not going with him. You're going with me."

She giggled over their stupid tug-of-war game, "No I'm not! I didn't even know you were going!"

"I have to go. I'm the number two hero," he growled as he pulled them harder. 

"Then go with whomever you usually go with!"

"I'm not taking Red when I can take you."

Suddenly she lost her interest in the papers. She smiled at him and asked, "You take Kirishima to the events?"