Chapter- 62 Home Again 🍋

As writers, or hell even just people in general, we each have our strengths and our weaknesses, and for me I know I have many areas I could improve on. I know for a fact I am not great at writing angst. I don't like writing it. I don't like reading it, for I really don't like to be stressed in general because life is angsty enough as it is.

Thus I give you a very rose-tinted ending because sometimes fantasy truly is the best escape.

🥰

Bakugo buckled in Lore's seatbelt and murmured, "why the hell do you have such issues with these damn things?"

"I don't know, they just hate me." 

He could see the fatigue beginning to seep in as he settled into the driver's seat. Bakugo's big hand wrapped around her knee, and he knew she was beginning to crash when she wove her trembling fingers through his own. 

"It's okay baby, we'll be home soon."

"Where is home anymore?" Lore whispered as her mind sunk back to the memories of Shigaraki decaying their brand-new house. "He destroyed everything."

"Tch. Don't give that fucker that much credit. He didn't destroy anything we can't replace," Bakugo grunted as he pulled out onto the interstate. 

"But where-where are we going to live? Katsuki everything we owned was in there."

"That's why we have dumbasses who are there for us when we need them."

A short 30-minute drive later, Lore felt herself able to tiredly say, "I don't think you're supposed to call your own mother a dumbass."

Mitsuki was suburban-mom speed-walking straight toward Bakugo's car before he even had it in park. Despite his worry for Lore's crumbling condition, he chuckled, "the old hag's been blowing up my fucking phone, so prepare yourself baby. Not even I can protect you from that old hag."

Lore was about to smack him for calling his mother that, but she was currently too busy being dragged out of the car by a very strong middle-aged woman. Mitsuki snatched Lore to her bosom and aggressively kissed the top of her head. "Oh my fucking god," Mitsuki swore a few more times as she continued to squish Lore in a hug that was so much like her son's. "I was so worried about you Lorna."

Lorna took a long moment to simply drink up the violent form of love that was exclusively The Bakugo's special type of compassion. She began to release that breath she had been holding in as she let herself sag against Mitsuki. "I'm so sorry to have worried you," Lore whispered in a ragged voice. 

Mitsuki held her a little tighter and snapped, "don't you fucking apologize babygirl. Don't you fucking dare."

She felt tears hit the top of her head, and Lorna sniffled back her own sadness as she clung to the stronger woman. Bakugo looked at his mom and fiance hugging in the front yard before turning to his father who had wandered up beside him. He rubbed his son's back and asked quietly, "how is she, honestly?"

Bakugo eyed Lorna's sagging form. "She's hanging in there."

Masaru pushed his glasses up his nose as his voice filled with soft-spoken fortitude, "what do you need from us, sweetie?"

Bakugo knew he got so much of himself from his mother, but that unwavering determination that would never falter? He got that from his dad. To Katsuki, that man was the epitome of true strength, for no one could love him and his mother as unconditionally as Masaru did.