Chapter- 58 Two Halves

"Explain to me again what you saw?" Kirishima asked for the third time. He was desperately trying to understand what Kaminari was telling him.

"I'm telling you, Kiri!!! I saw a weird white light shoot off like 5 times today!!"

Kirishima looked over at Shinso, who had surprised them all with how well he had slipped into their friend group. He was a natural addition, and it felt like he had been there forever. Because of that, Kirishima could see that Lore's absence was hitting him just as hard as it was hitting Bakugo even if he wasn't nearly as expressive about it.

Shinso's purple eyes were missing their mischievous depths. They felt shallow as they looked over at Kirishima. "He took a video."

"Ohhh yeah! Thanks for the reminder babe!" Kaminari chirped as he pulled out his phone from his tight leather pants. He poked the screen, and Kirishima watched a feint white light pulse into the sky for a few seconds.

"Denki...that could be any light. You know malls and clubs shine them all the time."

"But it's the middle of the day!!!" Kaminari made a wild dash for it, but Shinso grabbed ahold of his leather jacket and yanked him back down. "Come on! Just let see him!! I know Blasty will want to know about this!"

Kirishima shook his head. "He will want to see it. That's the problem, man."

Shinso looked away from Kirishima's knowing gaze while Kaminari said, "Huh? What's the problem?"

"It's been three days. They've all been pushing themselves too hard Denki." He nodded over at Shinso who was pointedly avoiding Kaminari's energetic eyes. "When is the last time he slept?"

"I...I don't know," Kaminari murmured as he tried to gently pull Shinso's shoulder over to him to see his face. When he didn't budge, Kaminari clambered off the chair and got on his knees in front of where Shinso was looking. "Hey, Tosh, come on catdaddy, you gotta talk to me."

Shinso shook his head in denial.

"You can't clam up on me. We both know the quieter you are the more I'll have to talk." Shinso huffed. "I could tell you more summer camp stories? You love those, or maybe about the time that I took up knitting to flirt with this girl but ended up electrocuting myself?"

Shinso smirked, "you already have a lightning rod for a dick, why'd you think you need two more?"

Kaminari's smile was blinding as he looked up at Shinso. "The more lightning rods, the better." He wove his fingers through Shinso's. "You need to talk to me, babe. I'm too dumb to notice when you're hurting...but I want to help, so please don't shut me out."

"You aren't dumb Denki. You're just blonde."

Both of them grinned at one another before Shinso sighed in defeat, "Okay." He looked at Kirishima and said, "I'm going to take the night off if that's okay?"

"Yeah man, no worries. Go home! Take Denki with you. I can cover for tonight's patrol."

"Ei, you're the bestest red shark ever!" Kaminari cheered as shot to his feet. He wrapped his arms around Kirishima's head kissing his spiky hair with a dramatic kiss.

Kirishima laughed and happily hugged him back. "Yeah yeah yeah, you're saying that because I'm not making you work!"

"Your words! Not mine! Come on catdaddy," Kaminari said as he released Kirishima in favor of latching onto Shinso who was calmly getting to his feet.

As the odd couple walked out, Shinso paused in the doorway. Kirishima raised his brows in question, and Shinso said, "Show the video to Bakugo. I don't think Denki is entirely wrong... Maybe he knows what it is."