Chapter Fifteen | Home

LUCIAN

It was high time. I had enough of everything now. I didn't kill Carsten and that was true. I already had enough blood on my hand and I didn't want to smear it even more.

Maria's mouth remained opened as she grasped what I just told her. The truth. She was right all this time, I just...I don't know...why I didn't want to tell her that. I just wanted her to believe me as a bad guy yet she believed in me. And now she deserves to know the truth.

"So I was right all this time?" She asked.

I nodded slowly.

"Then what changed? Why are you telling me this suddenly?"

What changed? Everything that happened yesterday came back to me. Confrontation with Calix, her hugging me just to save me from him, like why the fuck did she do that? She went against her own brother for me. What the actual fuck.

I didn't know what to tell her, even I was not sure, so I got up and collected the empty plates and kept it in the sink as she trailed behind me. "Lucian, please...you have to tell me now. I need to know everything."

I turned to face her as she stood behind me, she was quite shorter than me and our height difference was making my size kink act up. Get a fucking grip.

But I couldn't control myself as I bent down and grabbing the back of her thighs, I picked her up in my arms and made her sit on the countertop and stepped in between her legs.

Her mouth was wide opened as she stared at me, a blush settling on her cheeks. "What--"

I dropped my forehead on hers, inhaling her soothing scent, my hands wrapping around her waist.

Her hands came up to cup my face as she caressed my cheek with her thumb and my heart skipped several beats. "You must be tired of running all the time. Tired of people accusing you of something you didn't do."

Goddamn this woman. I can lay my fucking life for her. I pulled her even closer until she was hanging on the edge of the counter and plastered against my chest.

Our close proximity enticed me to close the distance between us, to press my lips over her, to kiss her breathless, to make her forget about everything else, to let my name be the only one she remembers.

I let myself savour that moment, the moment of peace when all the monsters inside my head fell silence for she provided me the shelter I was looking for. I was just a scared, little boy and she was my saviour.

I pulled back a fraction and let my fingers glide over her cheeks. "You want to know why I changed my mind?"

She nodded eagerly. "Yes, please."

She was still holding my face in her hands, so I removed them and bringing them to my mouth, kissed both of her palm. "I don't want Calix or anyone to think that I will hurt you."

I pressed my lips to her forehead, letting them linger there. "I am never ever going to hurt you, Maria. I would rather die."

"I know, Lucian. I trust you."

I smothered the urge to take her to the bedroom and worship her the whole night, instead, I stepped back and put some distance between us.

I helped her get down the counter and we both settled down on the couch as she looked at me with hope that I will explain to her everything.

"If not you then who killed Carsten?" She inquired.

"His father did."

She gasped loudly. "His father? His real father killed him? You mean Hanniel King killed Carsten? How do you know that?"