Chapter Four | Match Day

Bhai, comment kar diya karo. Kya chahte ho, update karna band karde?

LUCIAN

My lips parted in surprise as Calix launched himself on one of his other friends for that boy had thrown the ball on my chest deliberately.

"Why did you hit him?" Calix seethed, climbing on top of that boys and gripping his collar tightly.

To say I was surprised would be an understatement, Calix had only known me for a week and he was already holding his friend by the collar.

I knew how short tempered he was so I moved to him and grabbed his shoulders and pulled him off that boy and shook my head at him.

"He hit you!" Calix shouted, trying to explain the reason.

Yeah, no shit. But I had endured worse pain than that, so, I once again shook my head. I didn't want him to get in trouble because of me.

I was not worth fighting for. I was not worth anything. I didn't need anyone to protect me.

"But--"

I shook my head again firmly and frowned at him and he rolled his eyes. "Fine."

He turned to that terrified boy. "And you! You are not my friend anymore, bye!"

"Come on, Lucian." He grabbed my arm and dragged me away from there, grumbling underneath his breath.

In those three years I had never felt such a strong urge to speak to someone, to converse with someone. With Calix, I wanted to tell him that he shouldn't be protecting me, putting himself in trouble for me. He shouldn't.

With a huff, he sat down on the ground and hesitantly I sat next to him and watched as he pulled out a chocolate

My eyes slightly widened and my mouth watered. I haven't had chocolate in three years, it's almost as if I had forgotten its taste.

He unwrapped it and then broke it in half and extended it to me.

I gulped and I wanted to take it from him but I didn't. It was his, I wasn't supposed to touch someone's things and foods. I learnt that the hard way.

I shook my head.

Calix took my hand and placed it on it. "You are my friend, so I will always share things with you."

Always. As if he intended for us to stay friends forever. It was a huge promise and here I wasn't even sure if we were friends.

I stared down at the chocolate in my palm and traced it with my thumb. When I noticed Calix sucking on the chocolate and how it was smearing all over his face but he didn't seem to care at all, so, I took a tiniest of bite of the chocolate.

Tears welled up in my eyes, the sweet flavour of the chocolate bursting in my mouth. After three years of waiting, I was finally eating it again.

I savoured every moment and eat it slowly, by the time I was finished, half of it had melted all over my fingers so I just licked it.

Calix glanced at me and chuckled loudly. "You have chocolate all over your face!"

Rolling my eyes, I pointed at his face and he frowned. "I have it too?"

I nodded amusingly and for the first time in forever, my lips threatened to curl up in a smile but I surpressed it.

He tried wiping it but ended up rubbing it over his face even more and in the end gave up and went to wash his face with me following him.