Extremely Important

For those who didn't read Calix's book before reading this one, let me summarise the events of Calix's book for you:

Calix Andrews is a billionaire with Lucian Astor as his childhood best friend. Though Lucian is not a very emotionally available person but their friendship has been going strong for twenty years.

Calix used to have a rival named Carsten King in school who later became his rival in business when he took over his father's business.

With the purpose of bringing down Calix, he tries to hire people to kill him but failed at it.

One day, Calix gets into a fight with him when he spoke against Calix's wife and Calix beats him up and asks Lucian to get rid of all the evidence which he does.

Two months later, the video of Calix assaulting Carsten gets leaked and Calix gets to know that Carsten was in coma for two months after Calix beat him up and died that morning.

Calix was adamant that he didn't beat him to the point of sending him into coma and his father says that someone is trying to frame him.

With the help of Adrian, a former bodyguard and acquaintance, they try to find out who it was and Adrian traces it to Lucian.

Calix stays in denial that his best friend couldn't betray him but confronts him eventually and Lucian finally confesses saying that he did all that out of jealousy because Calix always stole the spotlight from him and he wanted to bring him down.

Calix records everything secretly and presents it as an evidence that he is innocent and Lucian is charged guilty of murder but when he is asked to present himself in the court, he disappears without any trace.